Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that some of these comments are unfair, he has popped up with some important goals for us already and works hard defensively for us. £8.75m in today’s market is a bargain in my opinion. He scored against the current Champions League winners (Liverpool). I don’t know what people are expecting for £8.75m

A bargain for what exactly. We all seem to have fallen into a trap of thinking that if a player only cost 10m, it’s ok if he’s shit as it’s a ‘bargain’.

Its money very badly spent. I had high hopes but he looks painfully poor. El Ghazi the same. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

A bargain for what exactly. We all seem to have fallen into a trap of thinking that if a player only cost 10m, it’s ok if he’s shit as it’s a ‘bargain’.

Its money very badly spent. I had high hopes but he looks painfully poor. El Ghazi the same. 

According to Wikipedia, he’s scored 3 goals in 11 Premier League appearances and he has played twice in the League Cup too without scoring. I seem to be in the minority of 1 just for a change :) but I think he’s done quite well for us 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that some of these comments are unfair, he has popped up with some important goals for us already and works hard defensively for us. £8.75m in today’s market is a bargain in my opinion. He scored against the current Champions League winners (Liverpool). I don’t know what people are expecting for £8.75m

Popped up with some important goals? We've lost every game he's scored in.

He's a punt at £10mil, and so far he's looked like hes worth about £5mil tops. Very few of our summer signings have justified their price tag. It broadly feels like we spent twice what we should have on most of them, but clubs had us to some extent I guess with our lack of players.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Popped up with some important goals? We've lost every game he's scored in.

He's a punt at £10mil, and so far he's looked like hes worth about £5mil tops. Very few of our summer signings have justified their price tag. It broadly feels like we spent twice what we should have on most of them, but clubs had us to some extent I guess with our lack of players.

I don’t know what you’re expecting when we sign these players. For me, he’s done well and justified his £8.75m price tag

35 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

His complete lack of quality on the ball and lack of end product against a Liverpool youth team summed him up. Utterly abysmal footballer a total lemon of a signing.

Agreed. He works harder than El Ghazi and tries to do more defensively but isn’t premier league standard. I’d get rid of El Ghazi ASAP, but Trez should be off in the summer whatever happens. 

16 minutes ago, Awol said:

Agreed. He works harder than El Ghazi and tries to do more defensively but isn’t premier league standard. I’d get rid of El Ghazi ASAP, but Trez should be off in the summer whatever happens. 

Get rid of the player who has the highest combined goal and assist total in the PL for us aside from Grealish?

Edited by Laughable Chimp

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Get rid of the player who has the highest combined goal and assist total im the PL aside from Grealish?

Yes. I think he’s lazy and not very good, whereas Trez works hard and isn’t very good. I’d like to see them both sold but as we can only replace one in Jan’, losing the one who hides, feigns injury because he can’t be arsed & got up in Mings face is my preference. I don’t like his attitude. 

I've reserved judgement until now as wanted to give him time, but he looks terrible. His first touch is so bad that he has to adjust his whole body positioning to prepare for the 2nd touch by which time he is closed down. He seems to do ok when the ball is played in front him with space to run into, but in tight spots he is awful and just loses the ball.

He's unfortunately a terrible player. Coming from the Turkish league into the PL is tough as the standard is lower than the Championship. He wasnt good enough for the Belgian league.

The bottom line is we took a punt, based off an Elmo recommendation IIRC, and it's not paid off. He does work hard and is a likeable character, but he must be dropped and sold in Jan. Jota, El G, Grealish and even Kodjia would be better choices in his position. We must buy at least one winger in January. 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Kachloul was actually quite decent at times, from my memory.

El Ghazi is a funny one, I can't put my finger on what has happened to him.

He has shown glimpses of what he is capable of in a couple of games already this season.

I'd definitely say he is better than Trez.

Hadji was a bloody awesome player, we never used him right

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yes. I think he’s lazy and not very good, whereas Trez works hard and isn’t very good. I’d like to see them both sold but as we can only replace one in Jan’, losing the one who hides, feigns injury because he can’t be arsed & got up in Mings face is my preference. I don’t like his attitude. 

So we're just gonna lie now. Theres video evidence of who got in whose face you know.

Â