Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who was the other?

Dion Dublin

Dublin moved to Aston Villa for £5.75 million. In his first four games for the club, he would score 7 goals including a memorable hat-trick against Southampton in only his second game for the Villans. As a result, he is one of only six players to score in the first four consecutive games for a Premier League club.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

On 06/12/2019 at 17:59, villalad21 said:

No we should take Wesley out of the team

Definitely. Upsetting the cart by changing up tactics is the last thing we need. We need tweaking and work, but if we make changing it should be replacing Wesley with Trez, not pretending Wesley will suddenly learn how to play football by having Trez next to him. 

Secondly we get overrun with a 5 man midfield. The idea we suddenly are gonna play a 2 man midfield is just absurd. Very very few teams do this with success these days. I can honestly only think of Bournemouth and Burnley. 

I guess you can argue some of the diamond formations are a sort of a 442, but they tend to have a bigger central midfield than we got. So unless you are planning to sign 3 new CM's first, lets not go 442. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It wouldn't be Villtalk if we weren't screaming for defenders to play in DM or wingers to be played up top.

Almost as ludicrous of the cries to play Adama up front on the basic that he is "rapid as ****"

To be fair he couldn't have done worse than gestede. 

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It wouldn't be Villtalk if we weren't screaming for defenders to play in DM or wingers to be played up top.

Almost as ludicrous of the cries to play Adama up front on the basic that he is "rapid as ****"

I really don't understand you here. We got a striker that's absolutely awful and a winger with attributes to succeed in the position. Should we not discuss it? 

Fwiw plenty of strikers start out as a winger in top level football. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Dude scored from a couple of scuffed shots from 5 yards out and now he should be our starting striker. I know y'all hate Wesley but this is embarrassing.

And Wesley has been banging them in from 20 yards? What's your point? 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The point is he's not a striker. Might as well play Guilbert there if that's what we're doing.

If you really think that's a reasonable comparison. Wingers often move and develop into strikers. Just like CB and fullbacks often interchange. 

Â