Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Genuinely think you could play Cash-Konsa-Mings-Targett as the England back 4 and win a tournament.

Cash and Konsa should be playing now.  Cash is a better all round package than those in the squad and Konsa is probably the best English CB in the PL at the minute.  I do believe that their time will come and they will both play regularly for England.  This summer probably comes a bit too early for both though - only one full season in PL performing - and that is probably good news for us as they will both benefit from a break and coming back fresh for the pre-season.

Whilst Targett has probably been one of our most improved players this season and is right up there now in terms of importance to our game, I think Chilwell and Shaw are tough competition - both are good at defending but also attack really well.  He is certainly in the conversation now!

Mings is a good leader and is fully committed but is subject to brain freezes and also allows strikers to get into his head - Zaha, Bamford and Joelinton have all got into his head this season and he had poor games. 

I would probably go Cash - Konsa - Stones - Chilwell.

• Like 2

Eric Dier. The r and e of his surname in the wrong order. A makeshift defender and oafish midfielder. A jack of no trades. The sort of player picked for 'versatility' and gets 70 caps before somebody says "hang on, isn't this guy just shit?"

Konsa should be in this squad. Dier should not.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Am I missing something, Eric Dier has been dropped for the last 5 weeks for playing shit hasn't he? How many consecutive weeks of being dropped for being too shit does he need to accrue to drop behind Konsa?

Eric Dier has 45 caps Ezri Konsa has 0

Dier must be better

England manager logic... Same as its always been

The fact that we're playing the postmen of San marino so the perfect game to give a CB his debut is also completely lost on him 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Eric Dier has 45 caps Ezri Konsa has 0

Dier must be better

England manager logic... Same as its always been

The fact that we're playing the postmen of San marino so the perfect game to give a CB his debut is also completely lost on him 

He dropped TAA though. Southgate must see something in Dier that others in the squad can’t offer.

Konsa is such an international CB though, pure grace and intelligence.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

He dropped TAA though. Southgate must see something in Dier that others in the squad can’t offer.

Konsa is such an international CB though, pure grace and intelligence.

He's only got 12 caps 

I seriously think dier is there based on experience only, assumed quality because of the caps and the European football

When was the last time he played DMC for spurs or England? That's arguably a feather in his cap but he got dropped deeper cos he was playing terribly there 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's only got 12 caps 

I seriously think dier is there based on experience only, assumed quality because of the caps and the European football

When was the last time he played DMC for spurs or England? That's arguably a feather in his cap but he got dropped deeper cos he was playing terribly there 

He told Mourinho and Southgate he wont play midfield anymore because of his back. Shocking from both managers as he isnt a player like Ledley King who you can make a sacrifice for

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It would be irresponsible of me to suggest that just because he was sat with the manager and the Chief exec there's a possibility that he may have been there to finalise a contract negotiation.

And that's why I'm not allowed matches.

Exceptionally irresponsible suggestion but now the only plausible explanation. Just sent a text to my dad confirming be has signed a new long-term deal. 

thanks for the heads up👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â