Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

17 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

If VAR had had to have looked at this and gave a red, then I would've stopped watching the game for the rest of my life. Could VAR have intervened and told the ref 'this is a foul on konsa rather than the other way round' or would they check for a sending off, see it's a clear, clear error from the ref but leave the decision to stand and the booking to stand?

If the ref had given a red card, it could have been reversed.  VAR isn't allowed to check yellow card decisions for overturning. 

Because the ref gave a yellow card, VAR can only look at if the yellow should have been a red. 

Edited by ender4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If the ref had given a red card, could it have been reversed.  VAR isn't allowed to check yellow card decision to overturn. 

Because the ref gave a yellow card, VAR can only look at if the yellow should have been a red. 

AHH, I thought as much. Thanks.

Problem with that is, if he had been sent off for that minimal contact on lacazette, then that yellow card becomes crucial and a game changing moment. VAR should've been able to reverse it, in my opinion. Even if that's what the rules state.

On 06/02/2021 at 20:57, sparrow1988 said:

Refs in general are of an atrocious standard these days aren't they? For me it's not a free either way. It's two players tussling for the ball. They are both focused on the ball and there is a coming together.

Is there any way we can clone Pierluigi Collina? 

He be spot on and even if he did cock some decisions up, no one would ever have the nerve to argue with him. 

Image result for pierre luigi collina

Even taking my Villa hat off it puts in perspective how downright weird a lot of football media is that we're barely past the midway point of the season in February and they're "giddy" about a presumably tenuous or downright fabricated transfer link.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

Even taking my Villa hat off it puts in perspective how downright weird a lot of football media is that we're barely past the midway point of the season in February and they're "giddy" about a presumably tenuous or downright fabricated transfer link.

In fairness f365 isn't conventional football media, they have a section on the site which basically mocks the football media in this country every day. That statement is very much tongue-in-cheek.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

In today's market given his age and obvious ability I don't see how he's worth any less than £70m?

Maguire cost £80million and was an England regular, so I’d be happy with anything above £50million for him as things stand now. 

I can see him being sold as CB by nature are easier to replace than say a Jack type player. I believe he is a better player than Mings overall but I actually see Mings as being harder to replace due to what else he brings in terms of vocal leadership, off/on pitch presence. 

Leicester have shown that with the right set up selling your best players isn’t always a disaster. I have faith that Lange Purslow and Mackenzie will make the correct decision either way and have a easy made replacement in mind. 

Â