Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

3 posts in this thread since the game. Wish most of the squad got the same leeway with fans that Konsa does.

You want fans to criticize players?

Thought Konsa was pretty good tbh.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Thought Konsa was pretty good tbh.

Definitely not my intention if it read that way! Just find it peculiar given the amount of stick pretty much all other players get at times - deservedly or otherwise - Konsa always evades it on the whole more so than any other player I've seen in years. Do wish it extended to others at times is all.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not the poster you're replying to, but while I'm not desperate to see people slagging Konsa off, I think it's very peculiar that as soon as Mings makes a mistake it's "England? He's not even the best English centre back at Villa", yet when it's Konsa, there's almost complete silence, and he's made a few of them this season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not the poster you're replying to, but while I'm not desperate to see people slagging Konsa off, I think it's very peculiar that as soon as Mings makes a mistake it's "England? He's not even the best English centre back at Villa", yet when it's Konsa, there's almost complete silence, and he's made a few of them this season.

People are weird, there's no doubt.

Some villa fans get defensive when we're taking a shoeing because Mings is doing Mings things for England and getting stick. They've sort of ended up using Konsa as shield because he absolutely is a better player than Mings. Yet Ezri isn't picked for England because the national manager is a moron yes-man who doesn't understand football.

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Lucky not to be sent off. Not his best game but then neither of the back four were great yesterday.  

Yeah I though he was going to be shown a red card for the penalty. Glad he wasn't

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah I though he was going to be shown a red card for the penalty. Glad he wasn't

Not really a penalty that's why he was shown a yellow, manufactured yet again. I think it would take a bit more to get Lukaku on the floor. But I've no doubt these are given most the time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

I thought he was very lucky he didn’t.

I don’t blame him at all for the goal though, thought Targett should have tapped Lukaku’s ankles on the halfway line. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Not really a penalty that's why he was shown a yellow, manufactured yet again. I think it would take a bit more to get Lukaku on the floor. But I've no doubt these are given most the time.

Finally, I thought I was the only one who thought the 2nd penalty was questionable and would have been given the other way if it was us who were through on goal.... Just watch Lukaku's upper body movement and left arm before Konsa goes to ground... He' shoved Konsa over!!

Edited by DeadlyDirk

4 hours ago, Kingman said:

The new double jeopardy rule and he attempted to play the ball

That's what I thought too, not sure I agree with it though 

Its yellow because Atkinson thought he made a genuine attempt to play the ball which means it can't be a red card, it's nothing to do with the severity of the foul or amount of contact 

I think if that's in the 30th minute and the score is level then he sends him off, he's factored in the score and time imo and let him off

Edited by villa4europe

Â