Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

27 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

According to the idiot Hinchcliffe on Sky Sports it was a fair challenge as the Manure player challenged from behind. Idiot.

Honestly hate that Hinchcliffe such a chip on his shoulder, always runs our players down as if he could do better himself and the mic laugh is very annoying.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stockport_Villain said:

According to the idiot Hinchcliffe on Sky Sports it was a fair challenge as the Manure player challenged from behind. Idiot.

It was worse than that as they were making out that he was play acting with the rolling around on the pitch....clearings in the woods

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

It was worse than that as they were making out that he was play acting with the rolling around on the pitch....clearings in the woods

Just like he was play acting with a bloody nose in the cup game. I suppose Cavani would never dream of play acting... nah he didn't to any of that yesterday did he...! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mykeyb said:

So true! It was Rob Hawthorne commentating on Sky. The bloke was bloody obsessed with the idea that Konsa was feigning injury.

”He’s making the most of it...”

”Must be extra painful with the extra rolls...”

The sort of comments you might expect for an absurd dive in the box – not a defender sustaining some blow to his kidneys on the half way line. 

Naturally, when Konsa was forced off, there was just a stony silence from Rob regarding his earlier 100% conviction that the whole thing was a sham (anyone with even a scrap of class would have said something about how they might have misjudged it).

And what did he say when Cavani was rolling around in the Villa area for 5 minutes before sprinting back onto the pitch?...  “Cavani has a problem”... “Cavani still feeling the effects of that challenge.” 

Sky Sports and their minions sure as hell know their target audience (hint: it isn’t us).

• Like 2

On 15/01/2022 at 20:48, Stockport_Villain said:

From behind? I think Hinchcliffe knows a lot about that.

Birmingham Mail:

Steven Gerrard has provided an update on the injury where he stated: "He's had a real severe whack on his hip and in a real uncomfortable area right on the bone.

"He really tried his best to carry on, fair play to him, he is a warrior Ez, but unfortunately we gave him some medicine at half-time to try and help with the pain but, unfortunately, he couldn't carry on.

We've done the right thing to get some treatment into him and, hopefully, he pulls through for the next game."

Axel Tuanzebe has recently cut his loan spell at the club short in favour of a move to Napoli, therefore leaving Villa with just Hause in the form of centre-back options. An injury to Konsa would mean Hause would be promoted to the starting line-up, leaving the likes of Lamare Bogarde or Josh Feeney as the next options off the bench.

If the injury is severe enough to miss several games, Villa will likely have to prioritise bringing in a centre-back before the end of the transfer window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If he’s ok for the Everton game, we then have a couple of weeks to get him right. Like you say we don’t want to risk him for one game and then as a consequence loose him for months. 

Edited by DaveAV1

16 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Why are you surprised? He mostly passes to Mings.

Be interesting to see if this is acutally the case, especially under Gerrard. In possession him and Mings tend to be quite far apart. A lot of Konsa's passes go into Luiz or McGinn dropping deep or to Cash. Trying to find some passing network charts on this, only ones I could find quickly were the Palace and Norwich games, which appear to show no passes at all from Konsa to Mings.

30 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Why are you surprised? He mostly passes to Mings.

I'm not sure where this idea that he's this ball playing progressive CB has come from, but he's far from it. I mean, he's not a clogger by any means, but of the 2 CBs, it's definitely Mings who shoulders most of the offensive responsibility.

• Like 4

On 16/01/2022 at 12:35, Thug said:

I’m so glad I don’t have sky, and watch on DAZN.  Townsend is usually pretty fair.

DAZN show Villa games? I thought they only did boxing? I need to get onto this.

Â