Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

42 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Be interesting to see if this is acutally the case, especially under Gerrard. In possession him and Mings tend to be quite far apart. A lot of Konsa's passes go into Luiz or McGinn dropping deep or to Cash. Trying to find some passing network charts on this, only ones I could find quickly were the Palace and Norwich games, which appear to show no passes at all from Konsa to Mings.

Maybe I misremember it as being more frequent than it actually is because it's a gripe that imo, despite having the ability to, he rarely makes a brave pass. 

I'd suggest a pass map that shows 0 passes between our CBs in 2 separate games is a little suspect!

Edit: found the pass maps you were talking about and both imply Ezri Konsa didn't receive or make a single pass in either game, which seems unusual to me. Even if correct he wont be passing to Mings if he's not passing to anyone.

What I did find interesting is the blog that had the Palace pass map in also had the below from West Ham, when Mings didn't play. You'll note Konsa playing the ball to Hause more often than in the return direction, with Hause making far more forward passes and (before this weekend) I think you'd do well to find anyone claiming Hause was the better, more progressive passer.

Aston Villa pass map vs. West Ham

r/avfc - Aston Villa Pass Map: Norwich 0 - 2 Villa

Aston Villa pass map vs. Crystal Palace

Edited by Sam-AVFC

On 18/01/2022 at 18:43, Keyblade said:

I'm not sure where this idea that he's this ball playing progressive CB has come from, but he's far from it. I mean, he's not a clogger by any means, but of the 2 CBs, it's definitely Mings who shoulders most of the offensive responsibility.

Came from his Brentford days. Some of his passing can be good but I don't know if he afraid to try or its team instructions

It has probably cost him international caps and also later on a big money move

Edited by Zatman

• 2 weeks later...
Â