Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Commercial reasons…

I mean, yeah, they've tried to buy a soul in purchasing Grealish, but that doesn't mean he isn't an incredible player. One of the best in the world. That's why Pep spent £100m on him.

Only City players with more mins than him in UCL and PL so far are Ederson, Dias and Cancelo.

---

On Ezri, I'm so glad he signed that five year deal last season. He's an absolutely incredible CB for his age. 

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I mean, yeah, they've tried to buy a soul in purchasing Grealish, but that doesn't mean he isn't an incredible player. One of the best in the world. That's why Pep spent £100m on him.

Only City players with more mins than him in UCL and PL so far are Ederson, Dias and Cancelo.

---

On Ezri, I'm so glad he signed that five year deal last season. He's an absolutely incredible CB for his age. 

He is an incredible player. One of the best in the world? Nah, not for me. 

Anyway one for the Grealish thread. 

It was his movement out that led to the goal, so that was nice, and his passing was much, muh better than Mings. But the crap tactics meant he was continually exposed by Son. He's still our best defender though, by a long way.

• Like 2

On 03/10/2021 at 16:46, Risso said:

It was his movement out that led to the goal, so that was nice, and his passing was much, muh better than Mings. But the crap tactics meant he was continually exposed by Son. He's still our best defender though, by a long way.

His contribution for the goal was fantastic. I was at the stadium and told my friend that it’s mainly Konsa’s goal. 

On 03/10/2021 at 12:44, Vive_La_Villa said:

Commercial reasons…

Just read Pep's comments on Grealish, and what he says about Txiki's views on him. They were desperate for him and were always going to splash the cash.

47 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

His contribution for the goal was fantastic. I was at the stadium and told my friend that it’s mainly Konsa’s goal. 

If I remember right, he did well to recover the ball after a standard poor touch from Watkins.

Ezri is a Rolls Royce of a player. While the rest of the team were smacking the ball to Spurs players at every given opportunity, he maintained his usual 90% pass completion rate.

• 2 weeks later...

He has been done by a ball over the top at least once in each match this year.

Apart from that, I thought he had a good game with the ball and defended well when having to cover running back to goal. 

I'm not one for getting on players' backs at all, but given so many are more than keen to do so I'm regularly surprised by how easy Konsa gets let off in comparison to others. Cracking player but he needs to do more for me given how high his ceiling is, particularly in possession where outside of being astonishingly good at winning free kicks he plays it too safe and can be as much of a reason as any why we struggle against teams who even marginally press us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wrong player sent off.

If I’m honest, Ezri has rode his luck a few times and unfortunately today his luck ran out. Could’ve easily seen red against Everton back in September and I seem to recall him getting quite fortunate last season against Arsenal for a challenge on Saka I believe.

Edited by Woody1000

Â