Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

13 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Tomori sounds like deserves the call up over White and Godfrey with his Milan form, Coady still being there is hilarious though.

I’d have probably had Tomori in too but Konsa over Coady. Stones being in is hilarious as he’s not played a single minute for city this season - but that doesn’t matter if you play for them.

Ollie probably lucky to be in given 0 goals this season but at least he’s looked lively unlike Mr Kane - but Kane was never going to be dropped from the squad.

• Like 2

Tomori is there on merit for sure, should've been called up ahead of Godfrey and White last time round. White and Tomori should both be ahead of Coady.

With Konsa I always thought he'd find it tougher being the RCB as left siders/footers were a little harder to find. But with Maguire, Mings and White it just makes no sense to have Coady there even if he was playing well. He's 4th in line to that slot.

On the right though i think Ezri has a decent chance now. Stones has barely played this season, he'll go regardless but his slot looks weaker. Tomori is a good option and deserves it but after that there's not a lot. Joe Gomez maybe but he's not making the Liverpool XI, then our Ezri. 

When White is next selected, Coady had to be dropped, if Stones still isn't playing ity might be a chance for Ezri. And if not I just hope he doesn't think he needs a move for it to happen

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He needs to enquire about getting a Portuguese passport. 

Why? He's 23 and has a higher trajectory than any other English defender his age I can think of apart from maybe Tomori. 

Maguire and Stones are injury prone and Tyrone is established as the third choice CB. The options behind those three are dangerously average imo. 

He has a very real chance of playing for England in the next 3 to 4 years. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Why? He's 23 and has a higher trajectory than any other English defender his age I can think of apart from maybe Tomori. 

Maguire and Stones are injury prone and Tyrone is established as the third choice CB. The options behind those three are dangerously average imo. 

Fair point. He just has to bide his time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

After our track record of players playing for England and then getting tapped up? I’d actually prefer he played for Portugal

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Him and Tomori play in a similar style, so for the time being it’s probably one or the other. 

We only lose players when they play for England anyway, so best keep him here 

Precisely…

Send him away to England and you’ll only have people like Sterling, Kane, Walker, Rashford and the prick-of-pricks Grealish telling him how amazing it is to play in the Champions League and he will jump ship the next transfer window…

i think he's overrated on here

but at the same time i do think its a perfect opportunity for southgate to at least take a look at him even if it was purely training with the squad

gonna be hard to dislodge coady as the team mascot by the look of it, mings to get 2 more clean sheets to make his stats look even better

• Like 1

I think what goes against Konsa sometimes is that you don't really notice him in games; I didn't really notice him against United for example.

However the reason for this is he's a rolls royce of a defender and he goes about his job almost effortlessly.

He'll get an England call up this season, I'm almost certain of it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

The flaw in your argument is the criteria on which the current manager selects players.

Who you play for and amount of letters in your name are higher on the list than current form.

If it was form alone then Grealish would have more caps and Ezri, Targett and possibly Cash would’ve made squads by now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

but at the same time i do think its a perfect opportunity for southgate to at least take a look at him even if it was purely training with the squad

gonna be hard to dislodge coady as the team mascot by the look of it, mings to get 2 more clean sheets to make his stats look even better

I dont think he is overrated, seems to play the game beyond his age and experience and think its only a matter of time before he gets called up. Somone may pick up an injury and that will be his chance.

• Like 1

Here’s the crucial hypothetical. If Konsa played as well he’s currently playing and was in the Chelsea/ AC Milan squads would he get in the England squad?

and by the same token, if tomori played for us would he get selected over him?

I’ve no doubt the answer would be yes for the first and no for the second and that’s why the England set up stinks 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Here’s the crucial hypothetical. If Konsa played as well he’s currently playing and was in the Chelsea/ AC Milan squads would he get in the England squad?

and by the same token, if tomori played for us would he get selected over him?

I’ve no doubt the answer would be yes for the first and no for the second and that’s why the England set up stinks 

How long did it take Southgate to pick Grealish as a starter? Once he made his move to city he's suddenly the first name on the team sheet. It's been the same problem for years, look how many caps nicky butt got. 

Just now, villa89 said:

How long did it take Southgate to pick Grealish as a starter? Once he made his move to city he's suddenly the first name on the team sheet. It's been the same problem for years, look how many caps nicky butt got. 

Exactly- the grealish one was particularly egregious because he was so obviously one of the top 2 or 3 English players in the league but could barely get on the bench at times. Made me think that even if non top 6 teams had players like messi playing for them theyd still be overlooked 

Southgate is a shill for the FA…

Wouldnt be shocked if he took backhanders from Grealishs agent to NOT pick him to try and keep the price down in order to engineer a move to “bigger club”…

**** the England team… I’ll support Villa players that are in it, but as far as cheering on the rest of them? No chance…

Gwan Ezri… Play for Portugal!

• Like 1

On 01/10/2021 at 14:35, villa4europe said:

A lot of our players are, Jack being the prime example. 

But Konsa is still very young. He will only get better and by the time he is at his peak he could be one the best in England.

A lot of our players are, Jack being the prime example. 

He was that good one of the most successful managers of the last 15 years signed him for £100m while he was injured.

But Konsa is still very young. He will only get better and by the time he is at his peak he could be one the best in England.

Konsa is better than every CB in the current England squad IMO.

• Like 2

Â