Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

It is Hause fault, cause him sent off, as he let ball past player that elbow player cause konsa dash to cover, but Bowen - it is Targett man-job mark where is he?

yet it is very soft foul, im understand that it is right call red card, cos last man. we luck not got 2 men sent off in same phase? is it rules one foul must pick one Konsa or Hause to sent off, personally it is should hause as it is first foul which should've award free kick first place, this reason ref to decide play on that foul so hause are very luck to remind the pitch.

my worries is we will miss Konsa next 3 games as he is our best centre half. :-S 

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

Has a lot of improving to do if he's to live up to the massive hype he gets off the majority of the fan base. Solid defender which is nothing to be sniffed at but can't say he's been much more than that really.

On 31/10/2021 at 23:12, Keyblade said:

He's been pretty bad for a few weeks now, but it's been Mings copping all the flak. 

You're right, I've noticed him being below par quite often this season.

In a game not so long ago, I forget which one but him and Mings just didn't seem with it.

Is one of the factors that neither can play with Tuanzebe in between them in a 3?

Is it the fact Terry's input is no longer there?

Bar Cash, our defence have been pretty shit this season in quite a few games so far.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

On 31/10/2021 at 22:59, Brumstopdogs said:

Gave the ref / VAR a decision to make and wasn't surprised to see a red card.

He has been below par (the very high standards he normally has) most of the season IMO.

Trouble is the referee seldom stands by the decision that he has already made. This was a clear case of the referee having exercised his discretion and then being told to change his mind, it was not as if he didn't see the incident, he just wasn't harsh enough on Ezri in the opinion of he who it seems must be obeyed in Stockley Park. :rant: 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

How he's not been awarded a penalty from the Ake 'tackle/block' is baffling. 

That's a 9.7 times out of 10 free kick if he's clearing the ball and someone slides into him like that. 

10 hours ago, Wezbid said:

How he's not been awarded a penalty from the Ake 'tackle/block' is baffling. 

That's a 9.7 times out of 10 free kick if he's clearing the ball and someone slides into him like that. 

Are you sure? The commentator said there wasn't even any contact 🙄 /s

• Haha 2

Nice little article about our classy defender here: 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/12485668/ezri-konsa-interview-aston-villa-centre-back-on-steven-gerrards-impact-and-the-art-of-one-on-one-defending

Ezri Konsa interview: Aston Villa centre-back on Steven Gerrard's impact and the art of one-on-one defending

In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports, Ezri Konsa offers his early impressions of life under Steven Gerrard and explains the work that has gone into the Aston Villa centre-back becoming one of the best one-on-one defenders in the Premier League

*THE best one-on-one defender in the league ;)

• Like 2

That was a good article. I thought he walked the line of appreciating Smith but being excited about Gerrard well. Always interesting to see all the super specific stats. I also like his balance of a little cocky but with a sense of humor.

You would think he will get an England call up soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

That's exactly what he is. 

Â