Jack Butland

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I was joking before but now I'm deadly serious I promise - Jorge Campos is 5'7. 

I'm not saying I want a 5'7 goalkeeper, but this arguing over 6'1 Vs 6'2 is classic VT. 

probably an exception Dave.....probably ,where 5'7 centre backs & Centre forwards reigned too.

Edited by TRO

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Him, and a couple other Villa View guys went as far as sending him welcome messages on Twitter 4 or 5 days ago. Which made me believe the same. So I would find it bizarre if they out themselves out there like that without info?

You know this JV.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I was joking before but now I'm deadly serious I promise - Jorge Campos is 5'7. 

I'm not saying I want a 5'7 goalkeeper, but this arguing over 6'1 Vs 6'2 is classic VT. 

It's insane.

If a goalkeeper is 5 foot 11 but is playing in the premier league it's because that couple of inches doesn't matter.  They've made themselves into a great keeper despite that.

If our club was looking at goalkeepers based on height, as opposed to the myriad of other things that make a goalkeeper good, then I'd be livid.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's insane.

If a goalkeeper is 5 foot 11 but is playing in the premier league it's because that couple of inches doesn't matter.  They've made themselves into a great keeper despite that.

If our club was looking at goalkeepers based on height, as opposed to the myriad of other things that make a goalkeeper good, then I'd be livid.

Going to get Wadlow on the back of my goalie kit next season.

1590_1513113460.jpg

”Aston Villa are poised to table an offer for the worlds tallest man...”

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's insane.

Agreed....Kalanic is how tall? You need more than one good attribute to make a good keeper!

1 hour ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

Agreed....Kalanic is how tall? You need more than one good attribute to make a good keeper!

6ft 7 ...and I haven't been impressed with him as a number of shots have gone right underneath him, or low down to the side of him and he does not seem agile or capable of getting down quickly.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

6ft 7 ...and I haven't been impressed with him as a number of shots have gone right underneath him, or low down to the side of him and he does not seem agile or capable of getting down quickly.

The Gent fans opinion on him was that he was poor with his feet and slow to get on the ground and therefor let in a lot of low shots.

Seem spot on so far.

• Like 1

It's weird, but I'd now be quite disappointed if we don't end up with Butland.  I'd kind of gotten used to the idea, and liked the idea of having him in goal next season.  Get it done Villa.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Fully agree. I never felt confident with him between the sticks! Not really that much better than Nyland imo (and certainly not as good as Nyland in terms of distribution)

Butland, with Steer as No2 would be my choice!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's insane.

The times I’ve used that line, but they just won’t listen......

• Haha 3

Â