Jack Butland

alreadyexists

In my opinion, Butland is not the same keeper he was before his serious injuries. There's a reason Prem teams haven't taken him away from Stoke. if we sign him, I'll support him but I think he'll lose us more points than he will save us.

Edited by Hitzlsperger_12
  • Like 1

I did tell people last week this wasn’t done as some were claiming and so willing to believe.

I think our interest is real, I think he will leave Stoke and I think we’ve a great chance of landing him but until it’s done it ain’t done. Surely we learned that the hard way with Joe Bryan last summer?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jim said:

£20m is peanuts though in this day and age. 

Not for a keeper it isnt'.

£20m would make him the 7th most expensive goalkeeper of all time.

Yeah, the game has moved on and if you adjusted fees for today's money he wouldn't be as high. But still.

It's not peanuts for a goalkeeper

(I'm not saying it isn't worth it by the way, but it's significant money)

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yeah, the game has moved on and if you adjusted fees for today's money he wouldn't be as high. But still.

Absolutely, it's just the way that the game is going now with Pickford being £25m and Allison potentially costing something like £60m.

On a side note, I didn't realise Pickford was only 6'1. I say only, but for a keeper that's surprisingly short.

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Absolutely, it's just the way that the game is going now with Pickford being £25m and Allison potentially costing something like £60m.

On a side note, I didn't realise Pickford was only 6'1. I say only, but for a keeper that's surprisingly short.

I thought he was shorter.

Barthez was 5.11! 

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If we sign him I'd be surprised if its for £20m for this reason, it would be a massive fee for a keeper especially one playing in the Championship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Jorge Campos raises his eyebrow at you. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

If we sign him I'd be surprised if its for £20m for this reason, it would be a massive fee for a keeper especially one playing in the Championship.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's announced as £20m but with part of that being add-on's for example an extra X million if we stay up next season, another X million when he makes a certain amount of appearances etc. I can't imagine we'd pay £20m up front for him. 

7 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Butland has just become a more likely signing for us as Stoke agree to sign Adam Davies, Barnsley's captain and goalkeeper.

He's a highly rated keeper and was named in the EFL team of the season recently.

That’s been done a while...

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Jorge Campos raises his eyebrow at you. 

Surprised you could see his eyebrows, last time I looked in his direction I was temporarily blinded for a week. 

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I was surprised about Pickford too so I did some digging and found:

Victor Valdes: 6’0

Keylor Navas: 6’1

Igor Akinfeev: 6’1

Iker Casillas: 6’1

Jan Oblak: 6’2

Ederson: 6’2

Hugo Lloris: 6’2

Marc ter Stegen: 6’2

Kasper Schmeichel: 6’2

Those are some of the best keepers in the world, and not all of them are considered ‘sweeper keepers’. Maybe we shouldn’t concern ourselves so much over height.

1 minute ago, Thats2 said:

I was surprised about Pickford too so I did some digging and found:

Victor Valdes: 6’0

Keylor Navas: 6’1

Igor Akinfeev: 6’1

Iker Casillas: 6’1

Jan Oblak: 6’2

Ederson: 6’2

Hugo Lloris: 6’2

Marc ter Stegen: 6’2

Kasper Schmeichel: 6’2

Those are some of the best keepers in the world, and not all of them are considered ‘sweeper keepers’. Maybe we shouldn’t concern ourselves so much over height.

Yeh but...

Brad Guzan/Height

6′ 4″

image.jpeg.dae67ce419fdea89e22874652b177a30.jpeg

18 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Oh Stevo, do you use the "size doesn't matter" excuse often? 😀

Believe me, I have nothing to worry about in that department.

I'm reliably informed 3 inches is far above average.

• Haha 1

Â