Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Fantasy football this, not going to happen.

The low ball estimates pretty much keep us safe. And I don't think any of the players reaching the top values is outside of the realm of possibility. As I said 40+ goals is the target so you only need ten players to score 4 or 6 to score 7.

17 hours ago, YLN said:

Oh brother.. these sorts of posts bring me back

Ayew and Veretout were nailed on to get 10 each. Amavi to chip in 5, and then 10 for Gestede and Sinclair, with Traore a bit of an unknown, but would get at least 5, and if he hits form could get over 15... If Gabby could get fit and his head right he could get 10 as well.

Last season Grealish got 6. El Ghazi got 6. Hourihane 7. Kodjia 9, Mings 2,  McGinn 7. And in a far more difficult league, they're about to surpass these tallies next season? I think we're in for a shock tomorrow night. We've been away too long. 

First of all only el ghazi and Grealish would have to surpass those numbers and considering Grealish didn't score in his first 10 games and el ghazi didn't have a Consistent run of games to settle I think it is reasonable to assume both of them should either equal their previous goal scoring record or exceed it.

As I said we only need about 40 goals and we can assume that with wesley, kodjia, jota, Hassan, mcginn, hourihane, Luiz, nakamba, Guilbert, targett, Engels and mings can combine fro 28 goals. That is an average of less than 2.5 goals each. Assuming el ghazi and Grealish get 6 each. 

Mings scored 2 goals last season in what 15-20 games I'd expect him to score 4 this year, hourihane may not play much but when he does I wouldnt be surprised if he chipped in with 4 as well. That is already 20 and you have 10 players who we haven't accounted for who will all likely play 25+ games. 

Very unimpressed.  Davis would hold up play and link players 10 times better and Kodjia would run at players 10 times better. 

It's very early days but even in pre season I didn't see much to get excited about. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Very unimpressed.  Davis would hold up play and link players 10 times better and Kodjia would run at players 10 times better. 

It's very early days but even in pre season I didn't see much to get excited about. 

Kodjia came on and was utter **** garbage. He really wouldn’t run at players 10 times better.

Wesley was poor, but this is absolutely not the game he’d thrive in. 

He'll learn. He gave the ball away in the lead up to the goal but I thought he grew into the game and was holding the ball up much better at points in that second half.

As far as debuts go, isolated up front against the Champions League runners-up, I thought he did ok. 

Edited by AV82

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

He'll learn. He gave the ball away in the lead up to the goal but I thought he grew into the game and was holding the ball up much better at points in that second half.

As far as debuts go, isolated up front against the Champions League runners-up, I thought he did ok. 

He needs to  learn quickly to adapt , cant be bossed around  and needs to stay on his feet .

We were penned back for most the game, as such he had no support anywhere near him. I'm not surprised he struggled today. 

3 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

He needs to  learn quickly to adapt , cant be bossed around  and needs to stay on his feet .

Yes for a big strong lad he seemed to go over far too easily.  He needs to understand this is The Premier League, not some foreign league where any kind of contact leads to a free kick.  It's a physical game here and ref's let a lot more go.  He'll serve himself much better by using his strength to stay on his feet and overpower the defender than falling to the ground and appealing to the ref. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

We were penned back for most the game, as such he had no support anywhere near him. I'm not surprised he struggled today. 

Thats true of course and there will be a settling in period - But I just have the horrible feeling he won't be an awful lot better against Bournemouth next week.

Â