Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Cant drop so deep when under pressure and was expecting more pressing on their defenders than just standing there.

I think he may work on his fitness more these next few weeks or months as he really looked off pace all game.

Everyone has an off day which is why another forward was expected in the transfer window. We don't have one so let's hope big wes steps it up a couple gears 

He actually improved in the second half and was holding the ball up better and more often, the game actually changed for us up to a point when he came off. Ultimately he will take time, he did look off the pace for the most part, looking fairly cumbersome and weak, struggling with the physicality at times even against their Gary Coleman sized right back. Looked strong in the build up for the goal though and looked stronger holding it up in the second half, the strength is there, just needs to learn quickly that he has to almost always use it as he will be aggressively pursued at all times. 

He just needs time - it's a hard league to adjust to, needs a run of games and needs to to build up the requisite conditioning. 

• Like 1

He’s going to find it a challenge to begin with. He’s just a kid and come from a pretty weak league. No amount of training and pre-season games can prepare you for the Prem. 

He grew into the game and showed some flashes of quality in his hold up play. That would have been a hard gig for anybody today, we were pinned in for most of the game and he was feeding on scraps. 

• Like 1

This was one of the worst debuts I've seen since UGo eghiogu.

I need to see this guys passport to check if he really is brazillian. I think he may be a distant reletive of george weah by todays showing.

to be fair to him we did look worse when Jonathon Kodjia came on. It's a good job skinner and badeil are no longer on telly. he'd be getting the jason lee treatment.

Time to get mean Wes.

No good fighting Walsall players if you're going to throw yourself on the floor whenever you feel a bit of pressure in league games.

We need him to be better. Kodj was an embarrassment.

I think he was on a hiding to nothing today. Much of his lack of effect was due to the lack of support from the midfield as I saw it. Yes he went down easily once or twice but got better as the game wore on and we got shitter. We were too far off him at times.

McGinns goal was a prime example of what Wes can help create when your midfield are a little braver in attacking through the middle.  

• Like 2

Haven’t read a single comment. Still on way home.

thoughtt the big fella did very well today.

cjearly needs to get the pace of the league, and lost at least half his battles, but no shame in that against these. Stick at it and showed some terrific touches and hold up play

• Like 3

Bit of a mixed bag for him I feel. First half he was falling over way too much, we were having some decent moments at that stage so really needed him to be stronger and hold it up. Second half he did improve and the hold up play was better. Didn't have a sniff at goal though so can't really judge much else. 

We'll get a better idea of him in games vs the teams around us, like Bournemouth next week. 

I am maybe being a bit too hard on him by saying he was crap today. The game didn’t play out well for him today, so fair do’s on that one. I just thought he looked a bit of a joke at times. Time will tell though . Kodjia struggles in the championship let alone in the prem. We cannot rely on him one bit. 

Â