Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

8 hours ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

I reckon I'll score as many Premier League goals as Hogan will next season.

I haven't seen much mention of Kodjia in any threads.. do people think he's not good enough to lead our line next season? It doesn't sound like Wesley is a like-for-like for Tammy so that suggests a change of formation, another striker coming in, or Hogan/Kodjia being given a chance to show they can lead the line. I think Smith will give Hogan and Kodjia a big opportunity to show their worth in pre-season.

Unless we snap up an even better striker, Wesley will 100% be leading the line as the centre forward. That’s his position. He’s made for it.

Just seen west ham had a 29m bid for maxi Gomez accepted. (Think Valencia are in for him too)

Do you guys think Gomez for 29m or Wesley for 22m would habe been the best piece of business?

In fairness Gomez may not have even looked twice at us?

Part of me thinks Wesley may be ideal for us and is a better purchase than Gomez could have been?, I'm more just interested in people's thoughts?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Just seen west ham had a 29m bid for maxi Gomez accepted. (Think Valencia are in for him too)

Do you guys think Gomez for 29m or Wesley for 22m would habe been the best piece of business?

Part of me thinks Wesley may be ideal for us and is a better purchase than Gomez could have been?, I'm more just interested in people's thoughts?

Would have preferred Gómez but I don’t think we would have been able to compete with West Ham. 

29 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

For where we are, I think we have gotten the option which suits us best.

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

According to Guardian 5 hours ago

West Ham fear they will miss out on the Uruguayan to Valencia, who can offer the 22-year-old Champions League football.

It is understood that West Ham’s offer for Gómez has not been accepted. His contract contains a £45m release clause and Celta Vigo are using the interest in him to seek a higher fee.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/15/west-ham-valencia-celta-vigo-maxi-gomez

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I think Gomez is as interested in the pay cheque as he is in where he plays. Good player no doubt but I'll take the young talent.

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

How many of us have seen either of them play? I don't have a clue.

• Like 3

Â