Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

40 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Old but perfectly compos mentis thanks , I own and use an IPad, an IPhone and a laptop - but not all at once, mind. 🤪

Gerry Hitchens 23 (25)   R.I.P.

Peter McParland 22(25)

Bobby Thomson 20 (22)

() incl FACup

1959/60

My first season as a fan - and my first away game - at the Hawthorns. But - quiz question - who did we play?

Wolves, FA Cup semi final, lost 1-0.

• Thanks 1

If semi finals were no longer played at Wembley there wouldn't be a hope in hell of The Hawthorns getting a semi final now. 

We'd all be travelling up to Liverpool or Manchester. 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If semi finals were no longer played at Wembley there wouldn't be a hope in hell of The Hawthorns getting a semi final now. 

We'd all be travelling up to Liverpool or Manchester. 

I'd like to think a bit of common sense was applied, 2 midlands clubs in a semi final so how about playing the game at a ground in the midlands?

But then i remembered that the FA applying common sense is extremely unlikely. 

32 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'd like to think a bit of common sense was applied, 2 midlands clubs in a semi final so how about playing the game at a ground in the midlands?

But then i remembered that the FA applying common sense is extremely unlikely. 

I was thinking more the size of the grounds. To be fair Villa Park is on the small side nationally now. 

I would guess in the 50s to 60's The Hawthorns could probably hold 50,000 plus then 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was thinking more the size of the grounds. To be fair Villa Park is on the small side nationally now. 

I would guess in the 50s to 60's The Hawthorns could probably hold 50,000 plus then 

The all-time attendance record at the Hawthorns was set on 6 March 1937, when 64,815 spectators crammed in to see Albion beat hot-favourites Arsenal 3–1 in the FA Cup quarter-final. It is worth noting that this attendance was probably bettered, when Albion played Newcastle in a fifth round tie in 1954, when over 80,000 people turned up. The official crowd was put at 61,088. The highest ever league crowd was for a 1–1 draw 60,945 against Wolves on 4 March 1950.

Wikipedia

• Thanks 1

On 16/06/2019 at 09:40, villarocker said:

You won't laugh at - Withe and Shaw!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wythenshawe

Wythenshawe (/ˈwɪðənʃɔː/) is an area of south Manchester, England.

Historically in Cheshire,[1] in 1931 Wythenshawe was transferred to the City of Manchester, which had begun building a massive housing estate there in the 1920s. With an area of approximately 11 square miles (28 km2), at one time Wythenshawe was the largest council estate in Europe.[2][3]

The good bit of difference here is that the Villa of old would of sold Wesley for a good price if he becomes ace for us, but this Villa were all about keeping our ace pilots now..

So yes I hope our Brazilian gets right to it and opens his check book.

He does sound like a very hard working guy, will have to watch that temper though, I am mainly concerned about this report of his temper flaring. If Wes can control it, I think Smith and staff will make him into the player he is destined to be.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mottaloo said:

So.....how do we pronounce his last name ? 

I'm going for "Mor-ay-esh"

More-Ay-es is the sounding sure of it..

Â