Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

13 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

If he only scores 9 goals but ends up assisting 20, I would be happy with his contribution

I'd be happy with those stats also. Don't see how anyone could complain with that

What I liked so much about this transfer was there was no cryptic messages and no PR related staff popping on to the board to tell us to watch this space etc. It was Bam, there you go have a Brazilian, a club record transfer for you to go and check out all about online. 

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well me personally I wouldn't get on his back if he is feeding others opportunities/assists but I'm assuming as a striker and the big fee we are paying for him we have purchased him with the intention of scoring goals.

You're right, I doubt we've bought him with the intention of scoring 0 goals. I wouldn't get het up about somebody on the internet saying that his finishing could use a bit of work until we've seen what he contributes. 

Jimenez springs to mind. As, actually, does John Carew. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You're right, I doubt we've bought him with the intention of scoring 0 goals. I wouldn't get het up about somebody on the internet saying that his finishing could use a bit of work until we've seen what he contributes. 

Jimenez springs to mind. As, actually, does John Carew. 

All I care about is winning, If he contributes to that and we play some beautiful football, that's enough for me.

• Like 2

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

Could we say Tammy have been a good finisher though?

No. He was a poacher really, his finishing could definitely use work. Luckily these are young players with time on their hands, finishing is a skill that with enough time and effort can be improved so long as you have the right tools. 

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Have we ever had a Brazilian before?

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Apparently not.

According to Wikipedia no Brazilian listed, so I think he is :) 

Just now, turvontour said:

Did Roberto Carlos have a trial? Or is that a myth?

A tale spun by Doug Ellis, see bicycle kick. In any event not sure a trial would really count anyway. 

First Brazilian.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think we’ve ever had an Argentinian player either. 

Edit: I think a lot more Brazilians and Argentinians play in Europe due to work permit laws. There must be so much talent out there. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 hours ago, villan_007 said:

We've been in the championship for 3yrs, the prem has moved on massively without us. In today's market 20mill is the equivalent.

Added to that the £7m or £8m we agreed for Benteke was 7 years ago. Like you say, prices have changed.

To give it some context, a quick search suggests that the same summer we bought Benteke, an exciting young player called Eden Hazard was bought by Chelsea for £30m+. He’s now apparently worth 4 times that. 

Now ok, his performances over that time will have increased Hazard’s value, but my bet is the market has had an equal, if not greater impact on the increase in his value.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

First Brazilian.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think we’ve ever had an Argentinian player either. 

Didn't we have one under JG? A defender? Didn't play, can't think of his name.

Somewhere between 98 and 2001.

Imagine how much Heskey, Harewood, Curtis Davies and Zat Knight would be going for in today's market. That's why I think around £20m on Wesley isn't bad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Imagine how much Heskey, Harewood, Curtis Davies and Zat Knight would be going for in today's market. That's why I think around £20m on Wesley isn't bad. 

When I was looking at transfers from that time, I saw Steven Fletcher being bought for £14m/15m and shuddered at the thought of what that cost would be now.

• Haha 1

Â