Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've played football against Noel Whelan.

I played CB and marked him out of the game and we battered his team.

And I am shit at football.

So he can **** off.

I spoke to Noel Whelan after that game, he said afterwards that Jack Grealish would be worried about losing his place.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Interesting that Villa announced Hause as our third signing of the summer so far, maybe not totally confident of getting the permit??

Or they are just waiting for the work permit papers to come through so they can complete the deal making him the 4th signing? :D 

Edited by PieFacE

How Wesley Moraes arrived at Aston Villa via Brazil, Slovakia and Belgium

Wesley Moraes had never played on a proper football pitch until about seven years ago but that is the least remarkable part of the forward’s story from poverty in Brazil to become Aston Villa’s record signing. Villa have agreed to pay Club Brugge £22 million, eclipsing the £18 million they paid for Darren Bent in 2011.

By Gary Jacob

Article in The Times on Wesley

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/how-wesley-moraes-arrived-at-aston-villa-via-brazil-slovakia-and-belgium-6pcslldbn

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

What else would they do? He is the 3rd.

Well Wesley was announced before Hause (with Jota and El Ghazi ahead of him) so he was the 3rd signing but they must not be counting it just yet, sure it’s nothing to worry about but just caught my eye.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well Wesley was announced before Hause (with Jota and El Ghazi ahead of him) so he was the 3rd signing but they must not be counting it just yet, sure it’s nothing to worry about but just caught my eye.

It was announced that we had reached a deal with his parent club, not that the signing was complete. It could all still fall apart in theory. But I can only assume they were confident of it going through to announce it in the first place. 

Interesting line about his time in Slovakia at Trencin from The Times article I shared. Seem's the language won't be too much of an issue.

He learnt English playing with James Lawrence, the Wales defender who had previously spent two years at Arsenal and now plays for Anderlecht.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/how-wesley-moraes-arrived-at-aston-villa-via-brazil-slovakia-and-belgium-6pcslldbn

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

No he wasn't.

They announced they had agreed the transfer subject to a work permit and international clearance. 

He won't be considered a signing until that process is complete and his registration is transferred to Villa.

Â