Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

No he wasn't.

They announced they had agreed the transfer subject to a work permit and international clearance. 

He won't be considered a signing until that process is complete and his registration is transferred to Villa.

So in theory if work permit is denied it could still fall through?

Has a medical been done or does that get done after these go through?

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So in theory if work permit is denied it could still fall through?

Has a medical been done or does that get done after these go through?

Yes like the Kalanic deal did a few years back only to then oddly resurface...... never a Smith buy that.

I believe the medical was happening at wkend so assume that’s done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes like the Kalanic deal did a few years back only to then oddly resurface...... never a Smith buy that.

I believe the medical was happening at wkend so assume that’s done.

Yes I did find kalinic a very odd signing  as we tried to get him years ago and now we are just trying to flog him off.

I'm not surprised he wasn't a Smith signing 

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes I did find kalinic a very odd signing  as we tried to get him years ago and now we are just trying to flog him off.

I'm not surprised he wasn't a Smith signing 

So i'm trying to figure out which faction at VT would have sanctioned the signing?

Did we, or do we still have scouts and decision makers here from the previous regime?

I assumed Smith and Cutler et al would have had to have a say in this.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So i'm trying to figure out which faction at VT would have sanctioned the signing?

Did we, or do we still have scouts and decision makers here from the previous regime?

I assumed Smith and Cutler et al would have had to have a say in this.

Suso - ‘’If you need a keeper for the first week in January the best we can do is the current Croatia number 1. The alternative is we can take longer to find someone but Nyland continues in goal for most of January’’

Smith - ‘’Please Sign him’’

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

My only concern is that he didn't play well in Spain because their winter is cold.... I hope he has manned up a little since then 

When did he play in Spain? I thought he’s gone from Brazil youth career to Slovakia to Belgium?

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

When did he play in Spain? I thought he’s gone from Brazil youth career to Slovakia to Belgium?

I'm sure I read he had a brief spell at Athletico. 

Lemme try and find the article again

EDIT - He played against Athletico Madrid and complained it was cold 

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Ah! I hadn’t heard that. Wait until the wind is whipping in past the North Stand, then he’ll know what cold is!

46 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

My only concern is that he didn't play well in Spain because their winter is cold.... I hope he has manned up a little since then 

Not just aimed at you, but there are so many funny interpretations of reality on this website based on nothing but complete guesswork (and pessimism). 😆

EDIT: I didn't see he complained about the cold.

Edited by praisedmambo

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

It's not warm in Bruges over winter - I'm sure he'll cope with the weather. 

Disappointed to see that Statsbomb don’t think very much of him. They are an analytics site who cater to professionals, one of the guys who runs it was at Brentford with Smith, and on their most recent podcast they have concerns over the deal. He had a good season a couple of years back but barely scores outside of the six yard box and doesn’t link play up very well. He is dominant physically, let’s hope Smith can get a tune out of him. Hopefully the language barrier isn’t an issue. 

20 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Disappointed to see that Statsbomb don’t think very much of him. They are an analytics site who cater to professionals, one of the guys who runs it was at Brentford with Smith, and on their most recent podcast they have concerns over the deal. He had a good season a couple of years back but barely scores outside of the six yard box and doesn’t link play up very well. He is dominant physically, let’s hope Smith can get a tune out of him. Hopefully the language barrier isn’t an issue. 

The Brazilian Marlon Harewood? :o

Edited by sne

Â