Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

So doing some reading into the lad, it seems he only properly started playing football at the age of 16. Give him some of that magic Deano coaching and i'd expect him to continue improving.  

£22m might seem a lot, but we are paying for potential as well as ability.

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

First Brazilian.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think we’ve ever had an Argentinian player either. 

Edit: I think a lot more Brazilians and Argentinians play in Europe due to work permit laws. There must be so much talent out there. 

Luis Oscar Fulloné Arce, better known as Oscar Fulloné (4 April 1939 – 22 May 2017) was an Argentine football coach and player. He played for Independiente Medellín and Real Oviedo before moving to England to play for Aston Villa in 1967. Known as Oscar Arce during his time in England he remained in the country following his retirement from playing and was a coach for both Sheffield United and Sunderland. He became manager of Swiss side FC Sion in 1980 before going on to become one of the most successful African club managers.  And we had had his brother Hector

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well we apparently nearly signed Roberto Carlos and Juninho in the mid 90s.

I wrote a letter addressed to Sir Doug Ellis at Villa Park back in summer of 1995 after seeing Juninhho then at São Paulo play for Sweden vs Brazil at Umbro Cup at Villa Park

I raved on about how we need sign him. I have that recommendation on my Scouting CV :D  It was just before he signed for Middlesbrough.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/brazil-v-sweden-04-june-1995-245693/

We tried sign him a few years later from Atletico Madrid.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, swollef said:

Luis Oscar Fulloné Arce, better known as Oscar Fulloné (4 April 1939 – 22 May 2017) was an Argentine football coach and player. He played for Independiente Medellín and Real Oviedo before moving to England to play for Aston Villa in 1967. Known as Oscar Arce during his time in England he remained in the country following his retirement from playing and was a coach for both Sheffield United and Sunderland. He became manager of Swiss side FC Sion in 1980 before going on to become one of the most successful African club managers.  And we had had his brother Hector

So we had Arce and now we’re going to have Moreas. Arse and more arse.

15 hours ago, MrDuck said:

I was just thinking he reminded me of Carew... but I guess that's a win either way!

That was my first thought too. I've only seen the the small highlight videos but straight away I thought "That's no Brazilian, that's John Carew's son.

Would I pay £20m for a John Carew with his entire career ahead of him. ?

CoordinatedVibrantKoodoo-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, McgrathsDodgyKnee said:

I’m sure Oscar Arce played alongside Barry Hole !! Great partnership .. especially when they had a real stinker !!!! 😁😁😁

Jimmy Brown as well.

I'll admit to being an absolute hypocrite when it comes to transfer business. I dispair when i see over priced English journeymen going for silly prices, but then i see something like this and worry about whether they can do it in the PL. 

Ultimately i trust our manager so after the initial "who" I'm pretty excited. 

Â