Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I wrote a letter addressed to Sir Doug Ellis at Villa Park back in summer of 1995 after seeing Juninhho then at São Paulo play for Sweden vs Brazil at Umbro Cup at Villa Park

I raved on about how we need sign him. I have that recommendation on my Scouting CV :D  It was just before he signed for Middlesbrough.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/brazil-v-sweden-04-june-1995-245693/

We tried sign him a few years later from Atletico Madrid.

OMG! I was also at the game, and also wrote a letter to the club about Juninho!  Did you ever get a reply? I did not...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

OMG! I was also at the game, and also wrote a letter to the club about Juninho!  Did you ever get a reply? I did not...

Absolutely no reply :D I was 16 at the time but didn’t think twice about sending to club.

Edited by Villan4Life

26 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He sounds like he is that 'false 9' for of striker. That in between of an attacking midfielder and CF. 

A false 9...the size of a house! Always a bonus in the PL to have a bit of physicality.

11 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

He sounds like he is that 'false 9' for of striker. That in between of an attacking midfielder and CF. 

If that’s the case, I reckon we’re gonna be in for a goal scoring wide forward this window. It also allows Jack & John to tear defences a new A-hole.

With everything else that has been going on, I feel that this signing has not quite reached the levels of excitement that it deserves. We have signed a highly rated Brazilian striker people! Let’s enjoy the moment. I think he may well score 100 goals next season. Maybe even 150............either way he will almost certainly get more than Hogan!

50 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

either way he will almost certainly get more than Hogan!

I reckon I'll score as many Premier League goals as Hogan will next season.

I haven't seen much mention of Kodjia in any threads.. do people think he's not good enough to lead our line next season? It doesn't sound like Wesley is a like-for-like for Tammy so that suggests a change of formation, another striker coming in, or Hogan/Kodjia being given a chance to show they can lead the line. I think Smith will give Hogan and Kodjia a big opportunity to show their worth in pre-season.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

31 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Any idea as to how long we'll have to wait for a decision on his work permit?

No but wouldn't worry, absolutely no reason he would fail to get one.

Unless there is some dodgy stuff going on with the panel that make the decision of course......

6 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Abraham. He was on loan from Chelsea last season and scored 26 goals for us. 

Hide contents

:trollface:

Without him, we wouldn’t be in the Premier League, he’s an outstanding young striker I think

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Absolutely no reply :D I was 16 at the time but didn’t think twice about sending to club.

I was about that age when I wrote to ask why the Doug Ellis Stand lower (refitted in 1995) blocked seats in the lower Holte which had been built less than a year before.  He told me it was something they recognised and would rectify at an acceptable level of cost.  Well, why design it like that in the first place?

Edited by Stephen_Evans

Â