Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Hopefully he have had the opportunity to build up his body in a proper way during his time out, before his injury I thought he had built too much upper body muscles, moved a bit more like a weight lifter or boxer, so hopefully he has built up more core strength, agility and elasticity. He needed working on his jumping as well.

Can't wait to have him back and really looking forward to what he can do in a settled team. Watkins will be first choice no question, but really good to have him compete with Watkins, giving us another option. Would be interesting to see him as a n 10 and Watkins as a proper 9, think Wesley would occupy and draw a lot of players to him and create space for Watkins. 

Have we ever had a major first team player out for that long before if it's March?

Was trying to think of how Long Laursen was out for....I think he missed a whole season once for us so that shows a player can return to good level. Think Gary Charles also missed a full season in mid 90s and he wasn't quite as good when he came back and left the following season.

Really if it's March the season is a write off as he'll need a good two months just to get up to the pace. Took Benteke a while to get back into his stride when he came back after his injury in 2014.

• Like 1

Watch the peoples comments turn if Wes comes on and starts playing ace and starts scoring goals.

I for one am looking forward to seeing the chap again and I do hope he does well, it can only add another spice to our frontline.

• Like 1

He will be back before March. He’s out in the grass already. There’s no way he’s still 3 or 4 months off. 

I think it’ll be January we see him. 

I think it will be great to have him back. Did some really good stuff, and some not so good. He’s learning, and as has been said, he’s coming back into a much better situation than the one he left. 

On 28/11/2020 at 15:48, villan-scott said:

He will be back before March. He’s out in the grass already. There’s no way he’s still 3 or 4 months off. 

I think it’ll be January we see him. 

I think it will be great to have him back. Did some really good stuff, and some not so good. He’s learning, and as has been said, he’s coming back into a much better situation than the one he left. 

Saw a video of him undertaking resisted accelerations over 5-10m during the week, he’s a long way from returning, struggling to put power in the ground and struggling to get strong extension through his hips.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Enda said:

Keinan has never scored in the Premier League, and only ever scored twice in the Championship.

Wesley is a Brazilian international, a former club record signing, who despite his struggles scored 1-in-4 in his first year with the club.

Looking forward to having him back.

0.23 goals per game ain't good enough.

Wesley will do for this season as backup. But hopefully we won't need to use him and Watkins can stay fit.

If we are to to push on for top 6 in the future we need to stop with the sentimentality and get rid of the average players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

0.23 goals per game ain't good enough.

Wesley will do for this season as backup. But hopefully we won't need to use him and Watkins can stay fit.

If we are to to push on for top 6 in the future we need to stop with the sentimentality and get rid of the average players.

It’s true. Players like McGinn and Luiz will eventually need to be replaced. I know it seems unfathomable that we could replace players like this but if we want to get to the next level, we need to be ruthless. 

(I like both the players I mentioned btw).

He was way off before the injury. I hope he comes back even at that level but I just dont see it.

Be nice if he can feature again for us but to be honest I see us going big again in the summer and do I see a future here for Wesley after that? Not really.

Not mobile. Not agile. Not sharp. I can make all the excuses about a new league, a step up, playing in a poor team but this guy does not have it. 

I only see him as Andy Carroll. Chuck him on with 20.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

He was way off before the injury. I hope he comes back even at that level but I just dont see it.

Be nice if he can feature again for us but to be honest I see us going big again in the summer and do I see a future here for Wesley after that? Not really.

Not mobile. Not agile. Not sharp. I can make all the excuses about a new league, a step up, playing in a poor team but this guy does not have it. 

I only see him as Andy Carroll. Chuck him on with 20.

I’m 100% with you here I’m afraid. Often, we fantasise about players when they’re out injured as if they’re suddenly the answer to all our problems when they’re fit. 

Wesley wasn’t good enough before he was injured and after such a serious injury, he just isn’t going to come back anywhere near the level we need him to be.

Also, I’d rather bring on Davis with 20 minutes to go to throw his weight around, hold the ball up and bully tired defenders. Wesley was never really that kind of player. To be honest, I didn’t ever really know what kind of player he was.

Hopefully he can recover from his injury and go on to make a good career in football. I’d just be very surprised if it’s with us. 

• Like 1

I dont think he is likely to ever be a starter for us going forward, but what we have been desperate for is different options off the bench. Providing he returns to the sharpness he showed in the Burnley game prior to injury, chucking him on for the last 20 mins when chasing a game is better than what we currently have.

On 27/11/2020 at 23:32, VillaChris said:

Have we ever had a major first team player out for that long before if it's March?

Was trying to think of how Long Laursen was out for....I think he missed a whole season once for us so that shows a player can return to good level. Think Gary Charles also missed a full season in mid 90s and he wasn't quite as good when he came back and left the following season.

Really if it's March the season is a write off as he'll need a good two months just to get up to the pace. Took Benteke a while to get back into his stride when he came back after his injury in 2014.

I think Kozak was a nasty break and took him over 15 months to return due to complications. 

Bouma also had complications after his initial ankle dislocation.  Think he was 14 months or more out.  

Both as we know were never the same players.  

Watkins played 46 games in the Championship last season which is a more physically demanding league with more games.

I don't really the see the point in Watkins needing a "rest". 

He is used to this and we aren't playing in Europe and knocked out of Carling cup.

Is Watkins fit he plays. Simple as that.

Edited by villalad21

Â