Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

There are are plenty pof people around who would criticise another of our players for hitting the deck at every opportunity but I don’t see you questioning his demeanour. A little consistency required in you comments possibly.?

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Trezeguet works his socks off and never goes hiding. He almost single handedly kept us up.

Which is another bad trait of Wesley who very much seem to be a confidence player. Also i don't like his demeanour on the pitch. Falling to the ground after the slightest touch and crying to the ref. I can't stand it and it's embarrassing for a guy his size.

Also i still don't know what is his strength. He isn't quick. Not good in the air. Not a great passer of the ball. Not the greatest of finishers. I would love for someone to tell me what he actually excel at.

Are you trying to tell me Wesley did not work his socks off? His pressure and work ethic was one of his strongest attributes.

That is he is not good at heading I 100% agree on.

You seem to just have put a hate on Wesley, same you did to Traore and Trezeguet last season. Wesley has not been given a proper chance, look at the players who were not great last season have grown this year for us. Wesley could be one of them as well, he has great potential. Lets hope he returns from injury and give him a break.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Not sure if @villalad21 has started his Christmas drinking early with all the negative Wesley comments but personally I think it is ridiculous to write him off already.

Given his comments on a range of topics earlier in the year I don’t think he finished drinking from last Christmas.

Anyway there is no reason to write off Wes, he was starting to show some things before injury and before that he still had scored some goals and for a new player whose young, foreign, doesn’t know the language, environment or players who are mostly new to this level.....it’s harsh to judge him after 5 months.  

I think there is a talent in there.

Hard to compare him to Watkins (good or bad) as well because Watkins doesn’t have the above challenges and the team is far more settled and has a lot more quality than last season. 

What we do know is that Wes isn’t going anywhere because or investment in him and nobody is going to give us the same money we paid.  He’s better than either Samatta whose left and better than Davis, so it’s like having a new player and an upgrade to our squad.  

Watkins isn’t going to play every game or every minute and in certain games we may switch styles especially if we are chasing games and throw on two strikers.  So hopefully the rest of this season when Wes does come back he can get a bit of match fitness as it’ll take time to get 100% back and then we can see what he can do next season and then we can judge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

He is quick. He's very strong, tidy distribution and works channels well. His hold up play is also good.

He really isn't quick. I've seen no evidence of that. His hold up play isn't good, Watkins is better at it despite the size difference. In fact at times Wesley has not even looked interested in winning aerial duels.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

His hold up play isn't good

I am joining the people believing you are drunk. First I thought you were just talking out of your ass, but I doubt even that would amount to the shitfest you are throwing here...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

What I like is seeing all the other players posting positive comments.

Looking good. Still a long way to go and is understandably a bit cautious when pushing off for a sprint but good to see him on the pitch again.

My favourite bit was the coach whoever he is calling him 'Morales' at the end😂

5 minutes ago, MentalM said:

I am joining the people believing you are drunk. First I thought you were just talking out of your ass, but I doubt even that would amount to the shitfest you are throwing here...

A 5 minute compilitation video really is useless.

You could make Ross Mccormack and Scott Hogan look like decent players from those.

5 goals in 21 is atrocious. Watkins already has more goals and Watkins has now set the bar and what we should expect. Davis and Wesley either have to follow suit or be out the door.

• Confused 2

A 5 minute compilitation video really is useless.

You could make Ross Mccormack and Scott Hogan look like decent players from those.

5 goals in 21 is atrocious. Watkins already has more goals and Watkins has now set the bar and what we should expect. Davis and Wesley either have to follow suit or be out the door.

That 5 minute compilation is based on 21 games, and clearly shows his hold up game is not bad.

He had 0 help. He was alone at top. Look at how our other players are flourishing now.... 

I.e he had a higher goals per minute than Callum Wilson who already put 6 this season, because he has a better team than last year...

Look at Salah, first season in PL he had 2 goals in 10 games. Is Salah still "atrocious"? Get over your own stubborness and hate for Wesley. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MentalM said:

That 5 minute compilation is based on 21 games, and clearly shows his hold up game is not bad.

He had 0 help. He was alone at top. Look at how our other players are flourishing now.... 

I.e he had a higher goals per minute than Callum Wilson who already put 6 this season, because he has a better team than last year...

Look at Salah, first season in PL he had 2 goals in 10 games. Is Salah still "atrocious"? Get over your own stubborness and hate for Wesley. 

My point is that Watkins would do a lot better than him. Even last season.

He had Grealish, Targett and McGinn to link up with.

• Haha 1

My point is that Watkins would do a lot better than him. Even last season.

He had Grealish, Targett and McGinn to link up with.

In a team where we played El Ghazi and Trezeguet on the wings.

Which meant to link up with Grealish and McGinn he had to drift towards central midfield to link up with them. You know what that results in? He being further away from the goal. Hence why Watkins averages 0.9 shots more each game than Wesley did. 2.6 vs 1.7 (I know you ignore stats unless they support your narrative).

Wesley was not great last season, but he showed potential. Way more potential than Trezeguet did, and look at Trez now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MentalM said:

Which meant to link up with Grealish and McGinn he had to drift towards central midfield to link up with them. You know what that results in? He being further away from the goal. Hence why Watkins averages 0.9 shots more each game than Wesley did. 2.6 vs 1.7 (I know you ignore stats unless they support your narrative).

Wesley was not great last season, but he showed potential. Way more potential than Trezeguet did, and look at Trez now.

Grealish only played central 5 or so games, the rest he played at LW. Wesley's big issue was that he drifted left and occupied the same space where Grealish and Targett combined meaning there was often no one in the box when the crosses came in. I'm putting that down to the language barrier and a lack of understanding the coaching because he was the only one in on this idea so it wasn't a team tactic.

Hopefully he will have spent a lot of his time while injured studying how we play and how he should play while watching videos.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Grealish only played central 5 or so games, the rest he played at LW

In the games Wesley played, Grealish played LW in following games (Burnley, Norwich, Brighton, City, Newcastle, United, Chelsea, Leicester, Sheffield, Southampton, Watford, and the pyrrhic victory over Burnley). I stand 57% corrected :) Thanks!

I will still stand behind my opinion of him being more isolated than Watkins is this season, and that is a contributes to differences in stats (still not claiming Wesley > Watkins, just that Wesley have potential and someone should stop writing him off and calling him thrash). 

Edited by MentalM
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MentalM said:

In the games Wesley played, Grealish played LW in following games (Burnley, Norwich, Brighton, City, Newcastle, United, Chelsea, Leicester, Sheffield, Southampton, Watford, and the pyrrhic victory over Burnley). I stand partially corrected :) 

I will still stand behind my opinion of him being more isolated than Watkins is this season, and that is a contributes to differences in stats (still not claiming Wesley > Watkins, just that Wesley have potential and someone should stop writing him off and calling him thrash). 

Transfermarkt has him (Grealish) down as playing CM in 7 out of the first 21 league games last season, but I guess it was as always a bit fluid. 

Wesley coming back is vital to our season, not because he will come in to replace OW and blast in 20 goals, but because he is there waiting for when OW inevitably picks up an injury or two. He also gives us a different option off the bench to change things up when things aren't going so well. 

I saw enough of him last season to not write him off, and the amount of shit around him was enough to give him a pass for some of his poor performances. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MentalM said:

Wesley's main problem and the reason to a lack of goals was due to him dilly dallying in midfield and not being where a number 9 is supposed to be. Which is inside the box. And making runs in behind the defence, which he didn't do very often.

That may be down to his style of play and he may be more of a 10 but then it's not the type of player we need. We have got players who can do that role and better.

• Haha 1

Have a suspicion some may be pleasantly surprised when he returns.

With 18 months in the uk now under his belt, a settled and more balanced squad. Add Watkins into the mix to take the pressure off him I believe he will come back and thrive. 

• Like 1

Â