dont_do_it_doug.

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Don't think we even paid a transfer fee for him, it was a straight swap with Gardner and a contribution towards Gardner's wages. That's why Jota only joined us on a two year deal, because we essentially just took over his small heath contract.

See page 1 of this thread. Fee was widely reported as £4m + Gardner.

Makes sense as the noses paid £6m when he joined them.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Don’t forget guys he will be fit this year unlike last year, dean likes him too.

he may not be done yet in a Villa shirt

I agree. I think he'll have a role to play. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I'm gonna get a carrot up me jacksy for this but I prefer him to Trez and AEG

I’m not sure he is much better or worse. I’d say he’s more tidy with the ball but they are faster. I’m not sure who would, if they played equal game time over the course of the season, produce more goals and assists. 

To be honest quality wise there is probably not much in it but he’s a different option to those two. Although they are younger and could improve.

2 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

I’m not sure he is much better or worse. I’d say he’s more tidy with the ball but they are faster. I’m not sure who would, if they played equal game time over the course of the season, produce more goals and assists. 

To be honest quality wise there is probably not much in it but he’s a different option to those two. Although they are younger and could improve.

Jota silky ability, AEG skill and Trez effort, we basically need them to have set and produce the player we need.

Jota has good vision and technique, but his physical attributes and defensive (in)abilities let him down too much, to the extent where he will never be a competent premier league starter. 

That said, he can serve a purpose in the last 10-15 minutes, if we are assaulting their penalty box, desperate to score to salvage a draw or a much needed win. To this effect, I think he has been underutilised last season. 

I would however hope that when we do find ourselves in such situations we would have better options than Jota to bring on. 

Â