dont_do_it_doug.

The selection to play Jota type of player , is important to illustrate our coaches under what’s the modern game is about ( skill/ movement / quick passing etc ) . Jota is slow, but if he can contribute with better vision, lay off a creative true pass / get into box/ act as decoy with intelligent movement , he will contribute more than Hourihane. 

But players like Jota need good same wavelength teammates who plays as unit.

However I seriously don’t see this unity in the team as the Wesley /Jota /Luis seemed to be in one camp  & the Grealish / Mcggin / Mings vice versa ... how many times have you seen the both groups chatting & joking with other players fri other camp. .. Such unity is often reflected in our disjointed play 

Just now, Digavilla said:

The selection to play Jota type of player , is important to illustrate our coaches under what’s the modern game is about ( skill/ movement / quick passing etc ) . Jota is slow, but if he can contribute with better vision, lay off a creative true pass / get into box/ act as decoy with intelligent movement , he will contribute more than Hourihane. 

However I seriously don’t see this unity in the team as the Wesley /Jota /Luis seemed to be in one camp  & the Grealish / Mcggin / Mings vice versa ... how many times have you seen the both groups chatting & joking with other players fri other camp. .. Such unity is often reflected in our disjointed play 

They are using him wrong. That's the problem.

Same way Man Utd has wasted Mata as a RWF

He might be an okay championship player but if we've got anything about us and want to come up automatically rather than just challenging for the play-offs, then we will need better.

Anyone else getting sick of the whole "he's not a championship player" posts? Not just to Jota, just in general.

The standard of the Championship is way below the standard of the PL. A player needs to be absolutely shit in the PL before we should even entertain the notion of them not even being Championship standard. And by absolutely shit I mean, not even a single goal or assist level if he was an attacker.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Anyone else getting sick of the whole "he's not a championship player" posts? Not just to Jota, just in general.

The standard of the Championship is way below the standard of the PL. A player needs to be absolutely shit in the PL before we should even entertain the notion of them not even being Championship standard. And by absolutely shit I mean, not even a single goal or assist level if he was an attacker.

Your right even hause looked good in championship 

2 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Absolutely. Compared say to a Burnley or Sheffield United. All in tune, blokes look they'd run through brick walls for each other. 

37 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

You can only judge Jota if you give him ten back-to-back games first. No player can impress by jumping off the bench every now and then !

This.

I guess his face doesn’t fit around here, he’s barely had a run in the team and he’s written off. 

• Like 1

He's only got one year left on his deal now, as we essentially just took over the contract he had with small heath, so wouldn't be surprised if he left in the summer.

If he does stick around I think he will be a decent enough squad option, but I think we need to sign better for the first team, if he performs well enough to become a regular after that then fair enough. But really we need to be putting together a team that's capable of oozing to championship glory no sweat.

52 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

You can only judge Jota if you give him ten back-to-back games first. No player can impress by jumping off the bench every now and then !

I'd like to agree with you on this, but I think the thing is that there is a reason why he has only been given a few substitute appearances, most probably he hasn't showed enough quality in training to earn a starting place. From what I have seen he has good vision and a sweet left foot, but he looks off the pace in the Premier League, looks too slow and too weak. When I saw him for Birmingham he looked like a fast little livewire who was a constant threat, but I'm afraid that his level is the Championship. 

Â