dont_do_it_doug.

Be a good player for us next year. Realistically we will buzzing next year in the Championship at picking him up for 2m. Dont get you nothing nowadays.

Argue about was he what we needed this year, which he wasnt but he will in time look like a good buy and a bargain.

Imo!

He was signed with the expectation we would be in the championship this season, i think we wanted a creative wide/behind the striker player to come in if Grealish got injured, we did say last season that we didn't have anyone to do that. I think if we had been in the championship this season he would most likely have been a decent player for us but he does look laughably bad at this level.

58 minutes ago, ChinlessWonder said:

He was signed with the expectation we would be in the championship this season, i think we wanted a creative wide/behind the striker player to come in if Grealish got injured, we did say last season that we didn't have anyone to do that. I think if we had been in the championship this season he would most likely have been a decent player for us but he does look laughably bad at this level.

We bought him after we got promoted!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WooJung said:

We signed him to fill up the squad, which we needed, and did so for a very reasonable price. We've done much worse business than jota this summer... 

I agree. The problem is our squad fillers like Jota and Taylor look about as good as our first team regulars. Hence our position.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, gaz90 said:

I'd rather he was sold than loaned out, but villareport is probably talking rubbish like usual anyway. 

we should keep him, good squad player, and we need to develop some squad depth.

He only has 1 year left on his contract anyway, so literally zero point in loaning him out, we should keep him around until his contract expires, sure he can play a good part in the cups etc to take some pressure of the first 11.

Hope there isn't place for him in our 25 man squad. Would be a bit of a failure if there is.

Nothing against the guy but he just isn't good enough for the PL due to his lack of pace.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Never could see what we were thinking shelling out hard cash for a guy who only fleetingly cut it in the championship £4m down the pan.

We got rid of a guy who never cut it in the championship. We've completed worse deals.

Edited by sparrow1988

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

We got rid of a guy who never cut it in the championship. We've completed worse deals.

Yes - but we could have just let them have him for nowt.

As it was we coughed up a further £4m for Jota. Who was never going to be good enough.

5 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Seems a long time ago now, but Jota played an absolutely key role in that 2-0 home win vs Everton. Were those three points worth the transfer fee? I’d say

Edited - completely misread your post.

Edited by Vancvillan
I'm an idiot.

Don't think we even paid a transfer fee for him, it was a straight swap with Gardner and a contribution towards Gardner's wages. That's why Jota only joined us on a two year deal, because we essentially just took over his small heath contract.

• Like 1

Â