Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

people will treat this like the World Cup. Liverpool vs Everton will lead to lots of BBQ between friends and all gather round one house to watch the game.

This will be nothing compared to Liverpool winning the title, this will be worse than Cheltenham and Liverpool/Atletico put together

Ultimately people will bend the results just like lockdown but all you can do is look after yourself and obey things, I certainly won't be going down a pub to watch a match in July and August if they're open again by then.

• Like 1

Without looking at the table, I can't see anyone from 7th down to about 15th taking this restart very seriously at all, and as soon as the title/European places are determined I'd imagine everyone bar those in a relegation battle are going to pretty much down tools. 

We're going to see some incredibly strange results. 

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

To be positive about the situation - it will all be over very quickly.

Thats what my missus said the other night !!!!

Well, reality at the mo is, like it or not, think it's right or wrong it's happening. So we just need to stay up. Simples !!!!!!!

• Haha 1

At least every single time any channel runs a clip relating to Premier League football it won't be a clip of us getting Royally bummed by Leicester as it has been for the last 3 months. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Seems there's going to be 25 odd games on their pick channel so with the 4 on the beeb there's 30 there for any standard freeview channel so way more free to air games than I was expecting. Perhaps BT showcase channel will be put back on for some BT games.

So a third you can see normally and will be a few Villa games in there I'm sure.

is pick free to view on nowtv?

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ultimately people will bend the results just like lockdown but all you can do is look after yourself and obey things, I certainly won't be going down a pub to watch a match in July and August if they're open again by then.

You're right Chris its happening anyway at beaches, parks, shopping centres etc. If we get a  sudden spike its not going to be just down to football restarting. The hot weather is here, govt are relaxing lockdown and if we get a  spike the brakes will be applied. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, av1 said:

Without looking at the table, I can't see anyone from 7th down to about 15th taking this restart very seriously at all, and as soon as the title/European places are determined I'd imagine everyone bar those in a relegation battle are going to pretty much down tools. 

We're going to see some incredibly strange results. 

There is still millions of pounds of difference between these positions, matters like player bonus, contracts, pressure on managers. I will be surprised if any club totally takes the foot of the pedal. Losing the home advantage and having 5 subs will be a big advantage to the better teams and unfortunately we have to play a lot of them in our last 10 games. 

Not having 6 home games at a  packed Villa Park is going to be  a huge disadvantage and could well relegate us as the powers that be insist on restarting the league to fulfil the TV deals. Until the lock down we were heading for our highest average home attendance since 1948.

Edited by The Fun Factory

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

Season ticket holders ? Free viewing ? Refunds / credits ?

Season ticket holders are being offered either a refund, a voucher, or to donate to the Villa foundation.

Season ticket holders are not being provided with viewing rights for TV.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that Arsenal will get something out of the game against Man City - which means that there's a fair chance Liverpool will be Champions at the end of their first game on the 19th or 20th June. That's very early in this process of unlocking our society. It'll be interesting to see what sort of attitude they take to the competition after their first game.

You know what, in a way I'm glad the Prem is starting again. We were down whichever scenario so at least now we have a fighting chance with injured players back or have a chance to come back. And hopefully the players now have a freshness mentally as well as physically, the pressure that a long slog brings is somewhat lifted, the coaching staff will have had time to reflect on mistakes made too without the pressure of week in week out football. This lockdown may be a blessing in disguise for us regards approach, attitude, coaching, mental well-being.

• Like 4

You know what, it’s potentially double bullshit for us if we end up relegated because of an early season and and the Villa Women don’t get promoted because of an early season end. And Liverpool men on for the title and the women set for relegation is almost the reverse. Surely in the modern world the FA can’t have the opposite decision made in each...

(All irrelevant if the season restarts as planned I suppose).

• Like 1

So are the rules regarding the outstanding issues such as relegation and European places (I presume the title will already be sorted since this is probably the main reason for the restart) in case of the season stopping again later going to be decided/voted upon?

Also what happened to the 30th June issue in terms of contracts and sponsorship? I haven't seen that mentioned now.

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Season ticket holders are being offered either a refund, a voucher, or to donate to the Villa foundation.

Season ticket holders are not being provided with viewing rights for TV.

Should we have received some communication about this ?

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

So are the rules regarding the outstanding issues such as relegation and European places (I presume the title will already be sorted since this is probably the main reason for the restart) in case of the season stopping again later going to be decided/voted upon?

Also what happened to the 30th June issue in terms of contracts and sponsorship? I haven't seen that mentioned now.

Don't know about sponsorship but the clubs agreed to extend contracts last week. It's up to the players though if they sign them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

I assume that they'll agree PPG to decide it if we start but don't finish.  I think that will still be unfair on whoever goes down, along with several other rule changes but theyve got to make the best of a bad situation I guess.  It will just come down to whoever loses the fewest players to the virus or injuries due to lack of fitness so we need to be lucky as well as good.

• Like 2