Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

We need get off to a good start and climb out of that bottom three as soon as possible, don't want to still be down there if the nosaes is postponed again. Also if we return and just start losing again it will be hard to bounce back from that mentally as there will be a feeling that we're just continuing from where we left off and any hope that the break will have done us good will have evaporated.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Wonder if its a success, no spike, and villa escape relegation whether there will be a change of attitude amongst members who are against it restarting. 

You are asking if people will be pleased if it turns out best case scenario? Yeah I'm sure people will be pleased about that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

I haven't really been following the Bundesliga since it came back - have there been loads of weird/unusual results there (e.g. the kind of stuff you expect on the first/last days of the season) or has it just picked up largely where it left off?

not really but has been a lack of home wins, 5 out of 27 games so far

22 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Wonder if its a success, no spike, and villa escape relegation whether there will be a change of attitude amongst members who are against it restarting. 

🙄

Sky Pick Channel - it says it's on freeview but I can't see it.

Do you need a HD freeview TV to watch Sky Pick?

*Answered my own question, you don't it's there on Freeview, Channel 11. Actual factual free to air from Sky - they must be unwell.

I hadn't realised Pick was a Sky Channel; it's abysmal.

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Nope, I'll be pleased for us obviously but you'd never convince me that the PL isn't absolutely **** and I'm not as fussed by it as some anyway but I won't ever be in the mindset of the PL is the be all and end all of football

I love villa but don't actually like or enjoy football that much anymore 

• Like 4

The restart will always be the wrong call, made out of greed.

If we are lucky enough and it doesn't lead to an increase in new cases then great. But it will still down to pure luck and a unnecessary gamble with lives.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sky Pick Channel - it says it's on freeview but I can't see it.

Do you need a HD freeview TV to watch Sky Pick?

*Answered my own question, you don't it's there on Freeview, Channel 11. Actual factual free to air from Sky - they must be unwell.

I hadn't realised Pick was a Sky Channel; it's abysmal.

Oh is that where Sky will put their 20 or so free to air games, I see the BBC have got four.

Villa-Sheffield United might be one of those as imagine Sky will show Man. City-Arsenal on the night.

It's a good thing at least more people will be staying at home to watch free to air games on the weekend than going out unnecessarily.

12 minutes ago, sne said:

The restart will always be the wrong call, made out of greed.

If we are lucky enough and it doesn't lead to an increase in new cases then great. But it will still down to pure luck and a unnecessary gamble with lives.

Could it not lead to more lives saved in the long run if people stay in to watch Everton-Liverpool on Pick on the Saturday instead of going round hanging in groups in a town centre or going to the beach if it's 25 degrees?

Pubs won't be an issue for the first few rounds either.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

Apologies if this has been posted.  When are the fixtures / tv lists released? I don't have sky  - wondering if its worth signing up for a period?

Now TV package is probably your best bet if you just want 2 months of the football 

• Like 1

Just now, Stratvillan said:

Apologies if this has been posted.  When are the fixtures / tv lists released? I don't have sky  - wondering if its worth signing up for a period?

Seems there's going to be 25 odd games on their pick channel so with the 4 on the beeb there's 30 there for any standard freeview channel so way more free to air games than I was expecting. Perhaps BT showcase channel will be put back on for some BT games.

So a third you can see normally and will be a few Villa games in there I'm sure.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Could it not lead to more lives saved in the long run if people stay in to watch Everton-Liverpool on Pick on the Saturday instead of going round hanging in groups in a town centre or going to the beach if it's 25 degrees?

Pubs won't be an issue for the first few rounds either.

people will treat this like the World Cup. Liverpool vs Everton will lead to lots of BBQ between friends and all gather round one house to watch the game.

This will be nothing compared to Liverpool winning the title, this will be worse than Cheltenham and Liverpool/Atletico put together

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

No

Forget football it was not right to take such a big risk, just because they would’ve been lucky doesn’t mean it was the right decision.  It’s not like risking going out without a jacket when it could rain, this is people’s lives, not just a few but hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands potentially.

Back to you, what if it isn’t a success, a second spike Happened and we lose another 30,000 people but Villa escape relegation, would your view have changed? Because while those deaths won’t solely down to football but because of decisions like what they have done with football with other areas society has caused this second spike.

• Like 1