Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Are you sure? They are going to stagger the games for tv so I assume we’ll play on the 20th re Chelsea game

what I saw on Sky but could be the weekend of the 20th and who plays when hasn't been decided yet. 

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

So villa play shef united on the 17th and Chelsea on the 19th. 

The Premier League is only interested in protecting the elite squads with the squad depth to play fixtures in a short space of time. It's ridiculous.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

0 positive results from 1130 samples in round 4 of Covid testing 👍

Yes and when you consider 2400 in the uk tested positive today then it proves football will be safer than normal life. 

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes and when you consider 2400 in the uk tested positive today then it proves football will be safer than normal life. 

It doesn’t prove that at all.  If players were completely isolated until the end of the season then yes but they aren’t.

A player can pick up the virus from outside and when we have contact training shortly, they are more likely to spread the virus to other players than in society who are social distancing.  If a player picks up in between testing then he can spread before the next test or symptoms that show on the test and infect other players because of daily contact training.

Where the R would be a lot lower than 1 normally, in contact training it would be assumed significantly higher than 1 because of the close activity and air particles that are expended during extreme exercise.

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

It doesn’t prove that at all.  If players were completely isolated until the end of the season then yes but they aren’t.

A player can pick up the virus from outside and when we have contact training shortly, they are more likely to spread the virus to other players than in society who are social distancing.  If a player picks up in between testing then he can spread before the next test or symptoms that show on the test and infect other players because of daily contact training.

I think we have to take care of ourselves now Nick because we are heading for a disaster. The relaxation has come too soon and people are doing what they want. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think we have to take care of ourselves now Nick because we are heading for a disaster. The relaxation has come too soon and people are doing what they want. 

Completely agree!

5 minutes ago, picicata said:

Not surprising. The whole Cummings event has given people carte blanche to act however they wish. This government has a lot to answer for. 

Yes I defended them for their mistakes at the beginning but the Cummings affair and new relaxation measures when we are still getting well over 2000 cases a day is nonsense. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

Where the R would be a lot lower than 1 normally, in contact training it would be assumed significantly higher than 1 because of the close activity and air particles that are expended during extreme exercise.

That's exactly why they are tested weekly Nick. 0 tested positive this time, we should all feel encouraged by that.

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

The number of deaths per day in the UK compared to the rest of Europe is really quite scary. That's what happens when a moron gets voted in to run a country.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, PaulC said:

So villa play shef united on the 17th and Chelsea on the 19th. 

From Yesterday's Times (Q & A with Martin Ziegler): 

When will we know the full TV schedule?
"This is still being worked through but may be finalised next Thursday."

Will every match be on TV and will they kick off at different times?
"Yes, indeed, it is going to be a summer festival of football. The kick-off times, will be Friday 8pm; Saturday 12.30pm, 3pm, 5.30pm and 8pm; Sunday 12 noon, 2pm, 4.30pm and 7pm; Monday 8pm. Midweek matches will be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 6pm and 8pm. The final round of matches however will all kick off at the same time."

How long will it take to play all of the remaining fixtures?
"They’ll be played across six weekends and three midweeks, with the final round of matches on July 25 and 26."

Key dates

June 17
Premier League resumes with two matches: Aston Villa v Sheffield United and Manchester City v Arsenal.

June 19/20/21/22
First full round of matches, including Everton v Liverpool and Tottenham v Manchester United. Eight further rounds of matches to be played by end of July.

July 25/26
Final round of Premier League games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

That's exactly why they are tested weekly Nick. 0 tested positive this time, we should all feel encouraged by that.

You seriously are thick or trolling 😴 You only take in what you want from my comment and then write this rather than understanding the whole thing I wrote.

Go away troll

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You seriously are thick or trolling 😴 You only take in what you want from my comment and then write this rather than understanding the whole thing I wrote.

Go away troll

There is no need for personal attacks.

Keep it on topic please.