Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

A work colleague of mine is in the high risk group. She had to ring up her doctors for a routine call and they said they expect a second wave in the UK.

So does the prem still thinks this is a good idea?

Premier League will just say the truth, your colleague life is not as important as finishing the Premier League so they can take the TV blood money and liverpool can win the league

On 28/05/2020 at 16:40, Delphinho123 said:

Beat Sheffield Utd, loads of players test positive the next day, league cancelled before weekend fixtures are played, league decided on PPG.
We stay up on PPG. Simples.

They won't be doing PPG if all the teams has played the same amount of games. The PPG idea was brought about exactly because of a few teams having a game in hand.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

They won't be doing PPG if all the teams has played the same amount of games. The PPG idea was brought about exactly because of a few teams having a game in hand.

Not correct, the PPG was thought about in context of Home and Away PPG so still relevant.  Only in the press and on websites was it seriously talked about as total PPG.  The PL members had only really touched on Home & Away PPG or as they called it Weighted PPG.

So some games now could be played at teams home grounds but some at neutral venues.  Despite them being empty stadiums, this will still have an impact on players because different size pitches and also the comfort of playing at home in familiar environment and routines.

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

So villa play shef united on the 17th and Chelsea on the 19th. 

If true expect about 10 players pick up muscle injuries. Then again Premier League is all for player safety 🙄

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PaulC said:

So villa play shef united on the 17th and Chelsea on the 19th. 

Are you sure? They are going to stagger the games for tv so I assume we’ll play on the 20th re Chelsea game

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That's actually ridiculous. 

Bonkers if true, it must be played the 21st I would think as the round of games that weekend are staggered from the 19th to the 21st if at all

32 minutes ago, nick76 said:

67A8BD65-6AE5-47E7-AFB9-22E0FF1D05A8.jpeg

Not good re Reina then, in Italy they are reporting up to 30% of recovered patients have permanent lung damage. That could have big big consequences for athletes, GK less so I know but still. A 19 year old over here had to have a lung transplant. 

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I wonder will any of our players have taken advantage of the lockdown in a similar manner to Goretzka?

a315e6445ed131f2fd8525c405fa65b7.png&quality=70&width=720

Tbf both Drinkwater and Trezeguet looked like they've been working on their abs at least.

Shame that they unlike Goretzka are a bit shit on the pitch.

Edit: He looks like most Swedish youngsters who move to the NHL look after their first summer training in North America. The NHL has a pretty relaxed view on performance enhancing drugs.

Pretty sure Bayern have a much stricter view on those...

Edited by sne