Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

14 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Without question this is what they are planning. An absolute cup final of cup finals is the Sheff United game.

same for them though, a win will see them up to 5th.....

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

same for them though, a win will see them up to 5th.....

Much more at stake for us though.

Not that I think we have the mental strength to rise to the occasion, though.

• Sad 1

I don’t agree that the intention is not to finish it. As long there is no great spike in footballers tested positive then it will continue. As yet that hasn’t happened in Germany. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don’t agree that the intention is not to finish it. As long there is no great spike in footballers tested positive then it will continue. As yet that hasn’t happened in Germany. 

Maybe not the intention but they are mitigating against a further spike and suspension of the league. Can't really compare UK with Germany as we all know how different each country's approach has been to the virus and continues to be so.

Ideal scenario would be us scrambling clear before it's suspended and Liverpool having not wrapped up the title. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Beat Sheffield Utd, loads of players test positive the next day, league cancelled before weekend fixtures are played, league decided on PPG.
We stay up on PPG. Simples.

Points. The season would be decided on points, if everyone had played the same amount of games.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool should have title won by June 30th so at least the UK can anticipate the next spike date

It's a neigh on certainty that Liverpool will win the league. Along with that it's also a neigh on certainty that Liverpool fans will congregate in their droves, dancing together and drinking in celebration.

The media will somehow or another overlook this or pass it over as exuberance and concentrate on the achievement of winning the league.

Lets see the how the test and trace system handles that one !!!!

37 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Another 377 deaths today announced. Spiking back up not down which is a concern. 

But football back is good for morale, the government keeps telling us.

Our fate is in our own hands, we have to win its that simple. I think we will,. Grealish has rested which he needed and McGinn should be back. Be interesting to see clubs change their attitudes toward ppg should we climb out of relegation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Our fate is in our own hands, we have to win its that simple. I think we will,. Grealish has rested which he needed and McGinn should be back. Be interesting to see clubs change their attitudes toward ppg should we climb out of relegation. 

I’ll not change my mind, if the league cannot complete under exactly the same circumstances as it started then I don’t think anyone should be relegated. Anyone. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OxfordVillan said:

I’ll not change my mind, if the league cannot complete under exactly the same circumstances as it started then I don’t think anyone should be relegated. Anyone. 

I agree but the premier league don't, has to be on merit, so it's either play the games or ppg. 

53 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Without question this is what they are planning. An absolute cup final of cup finals is the Sheff United game.

It is looking like that isnt it.

There will be uproar if they do us that way because if they can bring one game back they can bring them all back.

You would think those in charge would try helping us to stay in this league considering our Owners are one of the richest and would be spending more money over seasons. Also in turn us staying in this league adds more world class talent to the league, thats if we get our act together and get to the point of being one of the top ten again. It really doesn't make sense to find a way to relegate us when money and league attention would simply be worse if we were relegated than it would if we were high up the premier doing well and bringing in the best in the businesses would it now???

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

Very simple process now. Win Games = Stay Up.

• Like 2

So looks like the 4 of us playing the game in hand then have to play another game a few days later against teams who have yet to play since the stoppage , will the extra match fitness help us or will fresher legs tell .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nabby said:

So looks like the 4 of us playing the game in hand then have to play another game a few days later against teams who have yet to play since the stoppage , will the extra match fitness help us or will fresher legs tell .

Yes, it'll be exciting to see. Many surprises to come, hopefully good for us.

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Another 377 deaths today announced. Spiking back up not down which is a concern. 

Yes but if you look after the overall daily new cases the trend is very much down. 

I haven't really been following the Bundesliga since it came back - have there been loads of weird/unusual results there (e.g. the kind of stuff you expect on the first/last days of the season) or has it just picked up largely where it left off?

27 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Yes, it'll be exciting to see. Many surprises to come, hopefully good for us.

It's going to be very exciting !! The relegation battle will be intense.