Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

By September we should have Wesley and Heaton back too. 

All good. Let's just hope the PL don't think of a cunning plan that will burst our bubble.  

This whole thing will probably fall under "act of god" from a legal perspective which leads me to believe that nullifying may be the only option the premier league has. There is unlikely to be enough time to complete this season and start the next one anywhere near on time based on the graphs coming our of various health organisations. This then becomes more about the premier league protecting itself from legal challenge and nullifying/voiding the season throws up fewer issues there. 

It goes without saying that clubs relegated before the season completes and it's mathematically certain would lawyer up immediately and they'd probably win. The amount of money at stake is too high for them not to. Teams trying to be promoted may have less of a case, it's much harder to argue you should be entitled to something you haven't yet achieved than it is to argue something shouldn't be taken away from you that you haven't yet lost.

You can give Liverpool the title if you want but it's a participation prize at this point designed to placate fans dealing with 30 years frustration. I'd imagine next season starts with all teams reset to August 2019. This season won't ever have happened.

I have about decent amount on Liverpool to win the league, I can't possibly get screwed out of this win surely.

(I know this is VillaTalk but it is the PL thread 😝)

Edited by Villan_of_oz

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I have about $400 on Liverpool to win the league, I can't possibly get screwed out of this win surely.

(I know this is VillaTalk but it is PL thread 😝)

Bookies will pay out on that I reckon.

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Suspended until April 3rd, considering the virus probably wont peak until somewhere between april and June, do we really think this season will get under way again?

That’s the thing. Arteta, Odoi etc have got it now. What’s stopping Pep, Agüero, Klopp from getting it later on say 1st April? Delay again? 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Sure Wesley will save us. 😂😂😂😂

in typical AVFC fashion, he's not played for us for so long that i've forgotten how bad he is and that i'm actually excited about a samatta + wesley strike partnership

So if the season is cancelled, and the only competition played was the League Cup, and Man City are banned. We shall be going to Europe instead of 8th or whoever as being the runners up in the only competition this season. 😅

Not sure how things goes, safety first. Hope things gets better. But from a Villa point of view, we could somehow stay up and play in Europe! 

Not sure what are the regulations though.