Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Inevitably cancelling now is a lawsuit guaranteed to happen. 

You’re absolutely insane.

A **** football club is going to sue who and on what grounds?

The whole world is in lockdown due to a deadly pandemic but some shitty two bit Championship club will lose money?

Jesus Christ.

• Like 2

I don't think you can relegate anyone and I think it's manifestly unfair to stop 2 teams with commanding leads over 3rd place from coming up. 

I'd award Liverpool the league, they absolutely deserve it. 

I'd then bring Leeds and WBA up and play a 22 team season, relegating 4 teams the following year and promoting 1 automatically and 1 through the playoffs. It's a bit unlucky for the sides in and around the playoff positions this year but I don't see how you can relegate a team with 10 games left unplayed. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I don't think you can relegate anyone and I think it's manifestly unfair to stop 2 teams with commanding leads over 3rd place from coming up. 

I'd then bring Leeds and WBA up and play a 22 team season, relegating 4 teams the following year and promoting 1 automatically and 1 through the playoffs. It's a bit unlucky for the sides in and around the playoff positions this year but I don't see how you can relegate a team with 10 games left unplayed. 

If only such logic would prevail. But you just know they're going to make an almighty pig's ear of it all.

13 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

This is a great solution. 

Fulham won't think it's a great solution, they're only six points behind Albion and seven points behind Leeds, everyone in the championship is due to play three times over the next eight or nine days, it wouldn't take the most remarkable set of results for Fulham to be in the top two by then.

No it isn’t. The Championship is a 46 game season. You can’t just promote the teams currently in the top 2 positions regardless of how many points clear they are ahead.

If the leagues are cancelled, we replay the season with everyone in the same league who started it. No solutions are required. This is an unprecedented situation much like WW2 was. Everyone regardless of how it **** them over is going to have to suck it up.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

No it isn’t. The Championship is a 46 game season. You can’t just promote the teams currently in the top 2 positions regardless of how many points clear they are ahead.

If the leagues are cancelled, we replay the season with everyone in the same league who started it. No solutions are required. This is an unprecedented situation much like WW2 was. Everyone regardless of how it **** them over is going to have to suck it up.

What I've read about the league in Italy was that they'll add the promoted teams to the league without relegating any team. First teams goes to CL. Can't remember wether the first will considered a league winner or not.

9 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I hope everyone gets alright. Not the best news at all to hear.

Anyway that means that this game is going to be postponed for sure.

I think us having games in hand on these circumstances can be in our favor rather than playing in closed doors. I don't know how I can speak about this issue looking at how benefit can a football team get out of that, it's not right. However, we were going to play in closed doors which wasn't in our favor anyway, now it seems the whole thing will delay or get cancelled.

I don't think other games will be played. So we'll be have one game in hand atleast to appeal with if the EFL voted for the season to end as it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

They forfeit. We gain 3 points. Out of the relegation zone and then stop the season. Boom, we stay up and Watford, Bournemouth and Norwich are relegated. There is a god and he's a Villa fan!

Edited by Aston_Villan4

If they end the season, is there a way to give Liverpool the title? Well, usualy the EFL have their own decisions, I don't think they can relegate any team with 9/10 games left anyway. But can they give the title to Liverpool without all 19 teams to agree? How will they deal with that issue?

Was listening to a Pandemic expert on TS on the way home earlier, she really knew her stuff actually the best i've heard any "expert" talk about it all. Well she said it would be absolutely foolish for football matches to go ahead at this time as they are literally breeding grounds for a virus with thousands of people from all different area's sat in very close proximity to each other for a prolonged period so a virus has free reign to jump from person to person & potentially affect many many people in a very short space of time.

It would frankly be a disgrace for the games to go ahead especially now players & other staff are proven to be affected too.

I hold a season ticket & i will not be attending nor would i take my daughter there who could easily pick up the virus & then spread it around her school.

As the Government shirked their responsibility yesterday, it appears it is therefore down to everyone else to try to slow down the spread of this deadly virus.

Incidentally the expert also said that the virus is the deadliest since the Spanish Flu around 100 years ago. It kills around 3% of those who get it whereas normal flu kills 0.1%. If the governments stated prediction of worst case scenario came about you do realise that would be 80% of 67,886,011 people (2020 estimated population of the UK) which is 54,308,808 people infected... 3% of that would mean a death rate of 1.81 MILLION people in the UK alone! ...& they want to accelerate towards that by allowing games to go ahead?! Bizarre.

Surely it's time to do the right thing and call this season off? Don't relegate any team as that would be just ridiculous and of course help financially all those small clubs who rely on the attendances to survive. After all if they play games behind closed doors those clubs would suffer just the same regardless so it's surely a pointless exercise

I know it would be tough on some clubs but surely this is a clear case of needs must & safety has to take priority here.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1