Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Different sides will have taken turns at being the team with the worst form at different stages of the season, and that's because form changes, it goes up and down, just because we've lost a number of games in a row it doesn't mean that that form is going to continue. It's also worth remembering that apart from the Leicester game we could have easily taken draws from all our recent defeats, even the Southampton game we could have nicked a draw at the end, they didn't score their second until injury time.

But we had the easiest run in. And we are last in form, bottom 3 over the season. Do you honestly and truly believe that will now change, when we're facing teams at the top end?

Ifs and buts are great, but they don't put any points on the board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

It’s all fine, the season will be cancelled and we can start again...... 

No way they will "Cancel" it, that would be totally unfair on the likes of Liverpool. - Cash Managers won't allow it.

A suspension would do the likes of us a world of good though.

Get all our players back to full fitness, and hope to god in the extended time out they learn how to play football!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Justified concerns imo too. Same with Arsenal v Brighton.

Purslow will be heading this up for sure.

Surely carrying on now is one big lawsuit waiting to happen. 

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Suspension means they have to rearrange the calendar and also unfair on clubs with momentum. Best cancel, increase the leagues for one season with 22 teams

I like this, but what about the 7 or 8 teams with playoff hopes.  They will inevitable sue saying their possible promotion has been removed. 

Also, If they promote those in the current top 2 there is a precedent set to relegate those in the bottom 2.  I like the idea but 8 still don't see it flying. 

The only option is to see the season out behind closed doors or play the games into the summer. 

Edited by sidcow

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I like this, but what about the 7 or 8 teams wity the playoff hopes.  They will inevitable sue saying their possible promotion has been removed. 

Also, If they promote those in the current top 2 there is a precedent set to relegate those in the bottom 2.  I like the idea but 8 still don't see it flying. 

The only option is to see the season out behind closed doors or play the games into the summer. 

I’m no lawyer, but surely they couldn’t win that lawsuit? It’s a widespread public safety concern. The American collegiate athletics association (NCAA) have cancelled all of their tournaments until the fall. No champions at all. Not as large as the Prem, but a pretty massive deal in the States, especially with the Men’s basketball tournament

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Surely carrying on now is one big lawsuit waiting to happen. 

Inevitably cancelling now is a lawsuit guaranteed to happen. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I like this, but what about the 7 or 8 teams wity the playoff hopes.  They will inevitable sue saying their possible promotion has been removed. 

If there was an end date to this then they can postpone easily enough but there is no end is there. I imagine games this weekend will be cancelled & more than likely everything else will be postponed/suspended until easter as an initial step to see how things develop. Any longer than that and teams will not have trained for 3/4 weeks, Add to that the fact that players/staff/fans could/will be getting it in another 2/3/4/6/8/10 weeks time so will have to isolate again and how do you arrange training & potential matches around that? The season is over & will be completely voided

It would be hilarous in terms of if Liverpool had the title taken away from them but even funnier would be the bluenoses would be SO salty about us getting out of relegation trouble.  They would literally implode at the unfairness of it all. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I like this, but what about the 7 or 8 teams with playoff hopes.  They will inevitable sue saying their possible promotion has been removed. 

Different organisations though. EFL teams are effectively invited to join the PL upon promotion. I can’t see how they would have a case as their season won’t finish either. Suspect they could invite current top 2 to join.

Although having 22 teams would cause a lot of congestion, especially as the peak is in the summer, there’s not much chance of the next season starting on time even if they abandon this one. 

• Like 1