Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

West Ham have a very "easy" end to the season with 5/6 games against relegation rivals.

Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, United and Us.

They will be confident of winning at least 3 of those, bringing it to the last game of the season against us. 

For me, Saturday is a must win.

There are different ways of looking at these fixtures.

Everyone knows that the end of the season brings a few shock results while teams are 'on the beach'. West Ham won't face many teams with their foot off the pedal in that run.

Would you prefer our last 6 games (Liverpool, Man Utd, Palace, Everton, Arsenal and West Ham) or theirs against teams still fighting for safety?

There's an argument to say that Liverpool will have won the league by the time they play us, and that Everton, Arsenal and potentially Palace will have nothing left to play for, with the European places potentially 'all but decided' by then, and Palace clear of relegation and nothing else to play for.

• Like 2

None of us can predict what’s going to happen, no matter how much we try. If it was that easy we’d all be millionaires from our accumulators. There’ll be loads of twists, turns, highs, lows and surprises yet. I just hope as we all do, that when it’s all over , Villa are above that dreadful line. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I just did a predictor thingy. God, it’s tight. We need to pick up 3 points from Arsenal, United and Chelsea combined at home I think. Beat one of them or just get 3 draws, that will really help. 

9487ACBC-BBF5-445A-8BA6-FDA213F4C9D1.jpeg

This would mirror last 3 seasons when +34pts was enough to stay up

Edited by Kiwivillan

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

This would mirror last 3 seasons when +34pts was enough to stay up

Hopefully. I don't think I was unfair on other teams either. Nor was I overly nice to Villa with the fixtures we have left. 
12 points should be the absolute minimum we aim for:

Saints a - 3
Sheff Utd h - 1
Leicester a - 0
Chelsea h - 1
Newcastle a - 3
Wolves h - 0
Liverpool a - 0
Utd h - 0
Palace h - 3
Everton a - 0
Arsenal h - 0
West Ham a - 1 

We could easily take points from United, Arsenal and Wolves from that list above. Not necessarily wins, but we need to start drawing the more difficult games if we're to limp over the line. 

Can't help thinking what a pity it is that we weren't playing Spurs this weekend (when they're without Son), rather than last Sunday. As it is they play West Ham and Bournemouth, in the coming weeks and their lack of a striker may well help our fellow relegation strugglers, get something against them. Still we can't rely on the results of others, we need a couple of wins quickly, to make a safety target of 38-40 points look more attainable, than it does now.

47 minutes ago, John said:

Can't help thinking what a pity it is that we weren't playing Spurs this weekend (when they're without Son), rather than last Sunday. As it is they play West Ham and Bournemouth, in the coming weeks and their lack of a striker may well help our fellow relegation strugglers, get something against them. Still we can't rely on the results of others, we need a couple of wins quickly, to make a safety target of 38-40 points look more attainable, than it does now.

They play West Ham on the 20th of March and Bournemouth on the 18th of April, so Son could be back for one or both of those games, depending on how comfortable he can play with his arm wrapped up.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hopefully. I don't think I was unfair on other teams either. Nor was I overly nice to Villa with the fixtures we have left. 
12 points should be the absolute minimum we aim for:

Saints a - 3
Sheff Utd h - 1
Leicester a - 0
Chelsea h - 1
Newcastle a - 3
Wolves h - 0
Liverpool a - 0
Utd h - 0
Palace h - 3
Everton a - 0
Arsenal h - 0
West Ham a - 1 

We could easily take points from United, Arsenal and Wolves from that list above. Not necessarily wins, but we need to start drawing the more difficult games if we're to limp over the line. 

I don’t think we will beat Southampton and Newcastle away. Would take a point from both. Don’t write off points against Man U and Liverpool. Especially as the latter will have won the league and potentially have 2 champions league quarter final games either side of playing us.  

Also I think we can beat anyone at home on our day. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we will beat Southampton and Newcastle away. Would take a point from both. Don’t write off points against Man U and Liverpool. Especially as the latter will have won the league and potentially have 2 champions league quarter final games either side of playing us.  

Need to cut out the silly mistakes but I agree. We've given everyone bar City a game at home this season. We were about 4 minutes away from beating Liverpool without Jack for example.

32 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Need to cut out the silly mistakes but I agree. We've given everyone bar City a game at home this season. We were about 4 minutes away from beating Liverpool without Jack for example.

Leicester and Southampton at home wasn't great either 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep 5 home games to get 7/8 points from and then hopefully pick up 3/4 on the road.

15 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yep 5 home games to get 7/8 points from and then hopefully pick up 3/4 on the road.

this is attainable. now over to you Villa!

shore up the defence and learn to pass then we should be good ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rob182 said:

They play West Ham on the 20th of March and Bournemouth on the 18th of April, so Son could be back for one or both of those games, depending on how comfortable he can play with his arm wrapped up.

That would be good, because we need them to take maximum points of those two. I had been going on what Jose had said after the game, that he would miss the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's basically Gabby talking about Lambert era, signings, feeling sorry for Lambert etc.

Was basically told by the owners that everyone on decent money had to go, signing shite due to budget constraints etc.

Players play better with better players etc.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's basically Gabby talking about Lambert era, signings, feeling sorry for Lambert etc.

Was basically told by the owners that everyone on decent money had to go, signing shite due to budget constraints etc.

Called out Helenius by name :lol: 

But he was spot on. Lerner was a callous POS for just pulling the plug right when we were on the cusp of the top 4. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That Jim Shite is such an arrogant fool, when he's on he thinks he knows more than anyone when it comes to football even ex-proffessionals...

I have to switch him off whenever he is on but then again Alan Brazil is far worse, a loathsome, bumbling, alcoholic who forgets what he's rambling on about half the time and the amount of times he gets people's names wrong is unbelievable. How he's employed I really have no idea...

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

That Jim Shite is such an arrogant fool, when he's on he thinks he knows more than anyone when it comes to football even ex-proffessionals...

I have to switch him off whenever he is on but then again Alan Brazil is far worse, a loathsome, bumbling, alcoholic who forgets what he's rambling on about half the time and the amount of times he gets people's names wrong is unbelievable. How he's employed I really have no idea...

Anyway, enough rambling about talksport, let’s get back to the Premier League topic ay?