Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

6 minutes ago, Elton said:

Newcastle away and all our home games are where we can get points. As flat as I am after that ‘performance’ we do usually turn up at Villa Park and we still have 6 home games left. McGinn and Davis to return will help a lot.

Ah Davis....the man, the myth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I can't see where the next point is coming from

Today felt like the day it became apparent we aren't good enough by a country mile. 

This, sorry to say it but we just aren't good enough. Even Ming's looked poor today. Nakamba and Douglas are just hopeless, neither of them have a clue what there roles are. How many times did two of our players challenge for the same ball or leave it for someone else and allow the opposition to close the ball down? We need to play more.midfielders to compensate for our lack of quality, Smith cant continue to leave us so exposed in the middle .

Its time to build for next year in the championship, Only Grealish is good enough at this level, the rest are just out of their depth.

17 minutes ago, Elton said:

A bit weird that you don’t think a fit Davis will help..

It's not bizarre at all. He's a striker that's scored 3 career goals in about 50 appearances, and he seems to become better the more injured he is.

Take him out for the season, and some Villa fans will think he deserved the Ballon **** d'Or. He's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he can cut it in the Premier League.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Ignoring his goal stats I think outside of Grealish McGinn and maybe Samatta, Davis is probably our best all round player, would probably offer more than any of the others given a run in the team. He's a very good player, when fit I'd be looking at a way to fit him in.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Our home form is going to HAVE to keep us up because we are awful away.

Simply haven't scored enough on the road in winnable fixtures. Failed to score at Palace, Sheffield United, Watford and Southampton and only once at likes of Bournemouth. All fixtures we could've got at least a draw from although we were obviously screwed over in that Palace game.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, I like Davis alot, but what could he realistically have done with the rest of that team being so shite?

I did say ‘McGinn and Davis’ will help. I’m not saying Davis is going to come back and save us but if he gets and stays fit (massive IF), he can actually hold the ball up and maybe it doesn’t keep coming back allowing the opposition to have 25 shots on our goal.

Someone who can hold the ball up and I don’t see anyway else in the squad with that ability, will help our defence as much as our attack. Our midfield isn’t good enough to keep the ball without a wall up front to play off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Chelsea, Wolves, Palace, Man U and Arsenal. How many points do you think we can get from those home fixtures. 

Nil poi

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Chelsea, Wolves, Palace, Man U and Arsenal. How many points do you think we can get from those home fixtures. 

I see 0 pts as well.

In my eyes we are done. Today was season defining. We had to get something.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I see 0 pts as well.

In my eyes we are done. Today was season defining. We had to get something.

Sadly i have to agree, i had today down as a must win...obviously was going to be tough as 99% of Premier League games are, aside from the odd rare one when a team you're playing doesn't turn up like Newcastle (H) & like when we didn't today & countless other times this season.

Unfortunately we are that team who fails to turn up as often as not hence the incoming relegation.

I can't see us getting more than one win & a couple of draws from those home games at best as almost every team we are playing has something to play for... Either Top 4 or in Palace's case possibly a relegation scrap.

As for the away games well we just don't turn up do we, so may as well forget those now too. I fear we'll be lucky to scrape 32 points.

• Like 1

Our fixtures: Leicester (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Wolves (h), Liverpool (a), Man Utd (h), Palace (h), Everton (a), Arsenal (h), West Ham (a)

Watford's: Man Utd (a), Liverpool (h), Palace (a), Leicester (h), Burnley (a), Southampton (h), Chelsea (a), Norwich (h), Newcastle (h), West Ham (a), Man City (h), Arsenal (a)

West Ham's: Liverpool (a), Southampton (h), Arsenal (a), Woves (h), Tottenham (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Burnley (h), Norwich (a), Watford (h), Man Utd (a), Aston Villa (h)

Bournemouth's: Chelsea (h), Liverpool (a), Palace (h), Wolves (a), Newcastle (h), Man Utd (a), Tottenham (h), Leicester (h), Man City (h), Southampton (h), Everton (a)

Brighton's: Palace (h), Wolves (a), Arsenal (h), Leicester (a), Man Utd (h), Norwich (a), Liverpool (h), Man City (h), Southampton (a), Newcastle (h), Burnley (a)

Search word: Reference.

Edited by useless

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I see 1 possibly 2 from those games so I think we need to win some away games. 

Only five aways left.

Leicester- zero points as they'll want revenge for the cup.

Liverpool- haha.

Newcastle- Got a feeling we'll win this but could easily go same way as Bournemouth and today as they're hard to break down.

Everton- Used to get results at Goodison but poor recent record there and they're much improved under Ancelotti. Could be playing for europe.

West Ham- Final day shoot out. Anything could happen I guess.

We're more likely to pick up points at home realistically Paul.

26 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

So if Watford or West Ham get anything at all from their matches this weekend we will slip into the bottom 3 and it is hard to see us getting out. Just have to keep our fingers crossed that Liverpool and Man U do their bit.

Atletico winning will probably focus Liverpool's minds and they'll be seriously pissed off after it and will take it out on the Hammers...... I hope!

• Like 1