Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We had 20 good minutes in the first half.

Spurs dominated for the rest of it. If you don't think so you need to go re watch the game.

And that makes them into prime time Barcelona :D  Prime time West Ham maybe.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We had 20 good minutes in the first half.

Spurs dominated for the rest of it. If you don't think so you need to go re watch the game.

Balls.

We had a very good period in the second as well. Yes they were the better team, as you would expect, but there is no need to resort to hyperbole as it just weakens your point.

• Like 1

Spurs were there for the taking last week. They had CL to think about on the tuesday and their line up showed it. Aurier, Davies and Sanchez at the back are there to be got at and a midfield of Dier and Winks is as easy as we could have hoped for. Was on par for disappointment as the 10-man Arsenal game for me. Yet another big missed opportunity to clock up some points. Ah well onwards we go, I can just about let go now.

• Like 1

That’s it, we’ve thrown in the towel. If we can’t even turn up against a team with the worst home record in the league then what chance do we have. Changing the manager will do nothing now. No bottle what so ever, start accepting relegation now it will be easier to swallow

The Son goal broke our spirit.

We've seen it many times over the last decade. When something unfortuante happens to us and we lose a game we don't respond very well at all in the next few weeks.

I think we're down now. Will be a struggle to win two more games nevermind the four we need.

Unforgivable thought to have two huge wins in 94th minute in January and then lose the next three. Any other team would string a decent unbeaten run to pull safe like Burnley have down since losing to us but we simply don't have the mentality from those out on the pitch.

Just Leicester and Chelsea up next. Oh and Man. City.

Like I said in the match thread, fair play to anyone who has spent all that money to watch us get smacked next week. I decided fairly quickly that I wouldn't be wasting my money on watching us get embarrassed. 

I accept most of our players are championship level, I accept we will lose more than we win but I cannot accept we are always 2nd to the ball, don't win tackles, win very few headers and cannot string more than 2 passes together and that's only when Jack is involved. We always look slower than the opposition. 

Purslow needs to ask serious questions of Manager, tactical coaches, fitness coaches and recruitment team because Villa are currently an embarrassment. The inevitable sale of Jack, McGinn and Mings will provide adequate funds to put together a championship winning team but all areas have to be improved upon. I've been behind Smith up till now but the pattern of play, energy and effort is no better now than the first game against Spuds, indeed probably not as good.

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Someone came up with our recent night game stats a short while ago and they were quite phenomenal!

After today it's our only hope.

Looks like we're going to need four home wins and can't see us doing that with who we have to play.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Bournemouth lost again and yet again we can’t take advantage of that  

Only positive is at least means the points total will be a bit lower.

TBH can see us, Norwich and Bournemouth being the bottom 3 now. Bournemouth have a similar run in to us.