Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Atletico winning will probably focus Liverpool's minds and they'll be seriously pissed off after it and will take it out on the Hammers...... I hope!

Well after the City game we know West Ham are going to be playing for a draw from the start, so it may be a tight game 1 or 2 nil to Liverpool 

51 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Just got home. What an awful game. So deflating.  Think we as fans were poor today too

It was indeed a dreadful game..( both sides were awful).....

As for the fans....I don’t share your view....I thought our low point was at Watford. Today I thought most seemed desperate to get behind the side but were given nothing to work with. I sing for most of most games but it was impossible today. Things started badly, reached bottom, then got worse.

We ended up in two groups, one hostile, and one utterly deflated.

• Like 1

We needed to be competitive against sides in the lower half. 

We managed that pretty well the first half of the season. The second half has largely been awful.

Im sad to say we have now notched up too many performances lacking in character to hold out much hope for the remainder of the season. It will be that, rather than goals scored or Conceeded that does for us. We need a dramatic and unlikely injection of character and fight if we are to stay in the mix.

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Please...somebody say something positive. I still want to believe but my optimism is all but gone.

Seeing as this team is bipolar I wouldn’t put it passed them to upset Man City in the cup final and then pull off a few shocking wins in the coming months. As dreadful as they are at times they can also be surprisingly spectacular. Imagine what could happen when McGinn is back. (I hope they don’t rush him back though)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Sod it i'll do it.

Cup final next week - gets that distraction out of the way for the run in.

Mcginn and davis to come back in.

Smith's reaction was a first today, never seen him not defend the team and criticise them to that extent. Surely there'll be a reaction.

It hopefully gives smith and the players the kick up the arse that the clock is ticking and we just need to get ooints anywhere and however we can. 

We still have winnable games left and those players will have a bonus in place for staying up. 

Fair play for having a go mate. Normally when the manager turns on the players it signals the beginning of the end! He is on his way. The cup final could be the final nail. I dread to think what the score will be next week. All I know is that there is absolutely no scenario that leads to a villa victory. Not one!

14 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Seeing as this team is bipolar I wouldn’t put it passed them to upset Man City in the cup final and then pull off a few shocking wins in the coming months. As dreadful as they are at times they can also be surprisingly spectacular. Imagine what could happen when McGinn is back. (I hope they don’t rush him back though)

the only upset i can see is City maybe conceding 1 goal in a very comfortable win. Really looking forward to the journey home Sunday night

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

the only upset i can see is City maybe conceding 1 goal in a very comfortable win. Really looking forward to the journey home Sunday night

As long as you have really really really low expectations it shouldn’t be too bad of a journey.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

41 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Please...somebody say something positive. I still want to believe but my optimism is all but gone.

doesn't have to to with us, but Bournemouth are still well in this. 2 VAR disallowed goals and lost 3-0 at Burnley. Still have to play 5 of the "big 6" plus Wolves, Leicester and Everton.

• Like 1

I've said a few times that we won't go down. 

I genuinely believe we have enough talent to stay up. McGinn back improves on that too.

But I'm losing faith in the manager. Players don't look coached, what are the tactics? The motivation doesn't seem there from minute 1 in games.

So right now. I'm 55 stay up, 45 go down. Last month it was 85 stay up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Only five aways left.

Leicester- zero points as they'll want revenge for the cup.

Liverpool- haha.

Newcastle- Got a feeling we'll win this but could easily go same way as Bournemouth and today as they're hard to break down.

Everton- Used to get results at Goodison but poor recent record there and they're much improved under Ancelotti. Could be playing for europe.

West Ham- Final day shoot out. Anything could happen I guess.

We're more likely to pick up points at home realistically Paul.

God help us then 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

There’s still a third of the season left. Plenty, plenty of opportunities to get a few results.

• Like 1

I just can't see where the wins are going to come from and Watford have quite a few winnable home games which could be our undoing! West Ham have arguably a tougher run in than us though which is a blessing, can't rely on this team to get out of trouble really need Watford and WHU to be even shitter than us!

This season has been awful when you look back at the basics we have got wrong since day one we are still doing them wrong, only the coaching staff to blame for that if it's happening consistently with no improvement. 

Edited by zab6359