Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

14 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think the best results for today are a Brighton win and an Everton win. Well, I'd prefer a draw for the first one, all but a Watford win. They have some tough fixtures coming and they're lower in terms of points. Brighton are still playing Palace which is another 6 pointer actually. 

I agree with @useless that the last thing we need is to go to Spurs games needing something to get out of the relegation zone. We'll have a blank round two weeks later so it will be good to have the bonus game while we're still out of relegation zone. 

I hope results goes our way. I still see Palace, Newcastle as relegation candidates. Even Burnley or Southampton aren't far from that, I think the loser in their might get dragged to it. So even Palace and Newcastle games going in our way would still be important. 

There is a good chance that we go into our game while the league looks this way:

13. Newcastle 31

14. Palace 30

15. Brighton 27

16. Bournemouth 26

17. Villa 25

18. Watford 24

19. West Ham 24

20. Norwich 18

With all but us and Newcastle played 26. 

So far great, three teams are where we wanted and expected them to be before kick off. If it completes tomorrow with Bournemouth and West Ham losing. It would be fantastic week. Even if we lost it would be an acceptable week. A draw would be good. Win is fantastic.

• Like 1

Even if we'd have played Tottenham already and beaten them, I still would have taken a Brighton win over a Watford win. Doesn't matter now anyway, as they've drawn, which is probably the best possible result for us, the last thing we needed was to go into the Spurs game needing to win to climb out of the bottom three, takes some pressure off us, but hopefully we see this as an opportunity and really go for the three points anyway.

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Now Watford play Man Utd and Liverpool, hope they lose both. It will affect them mentally.

I can’t believe how was Mings/Konsa goal this important! Could be the goal the keeps us up!

I keep thinking about that ‘goal’ against Palace that should have given us a point... 

However, I’m calling it, I think we’ll finish on 41pts...   

Edited by Tayls

50 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

We're winning more than 2 games out of the remaining 13 fixtures, come on...

Really? Where are those wins coming from? We’ll be lucky to get another two wins imo. 

• Like 1