Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Palace rode their luck first half of the season.

Their current form in their last 10 is DLWDDDDLLL - that's 9 points from 10 games, and only 2 points from the last 5.

Their next 4 games are 6 pointers: Newcastle, Brighton, Watford, Bournemouth. If they only manage 2 or 3 points out of those, they'll be in very bad shape.

Big game for us against them on 25 April.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Palace rode their luck first half of the season.

Their current form in their last 10 is DLWDDDDLLL - that's 9 points from 10 games, and only 2 points from the last 5.

Their next 4 games are 6 pointers: Newcastle, Brighton, Watford, Bournemouth. If they only manage 2 or 3 points out of those, they'll be in very bad shape.

Big game for us against them on 25 April.

They either make it or get dragged to it. 4 six pointers on row. Two wins will see them almost safe. If they drew all that would be fantastic from all respects.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A draw would be my first choice.

A Watford win my second choice.

People would prefer a Brighton win but all that does is pull them further away from us IMO.

I'd prefer to have more teams in and around us than to solely be battling it out with  1 or 2.

It would give us more of a chance in my opinion.

I think a defeat would make it hard for Watford to follow up. I know we can’t depend on Man Utd this season but still it can’t be considered as an easy fixture for Watford. 

If Brighton won today, then Watford could very well be on 23 points after two rounds. Even if we managed two points from our next two (and zero the week later as it will be postponed), that would put us 4 points above them with a game in hand.

Palace will play a huge part themselves. They’ll either help some teams to relegate or find themselves relegating.

Brighton in the other hand have some hard fixtures coming but they’re capable of getting results. They also have 26 so far. 

A draw would be fantastic but even a Brighton win would be ok.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about Brighton winning today and pulling away from us, in that scenario we would have to have to beat Tottenham next weekend just to climb out of the bottom three, which would take us back to within a point of Brighton anyway.

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Brighton suffer the same problems as us.

They aren't defensively sound which doesn't bode well in a relegation fight.

With 38 conceded they are about the same as every other team in the bottom 10 except Palace who only have 32. Chelsea in 4th have shipped 34.

The bottom 3 (and Southampton thanks to that 0-9 game) are a bit worse still.

23 minutes ago, useless said:

Well Watford winning now, and we're in the relegation zone, anyone who prefers that over a Brighton win is crazy. Next two games for us Tottenham at home and Southampton away.

Can’t see us getting anything from those two.  We are really going to rue not get anything from Bournemouth as we could see teams start to pull away in the next 2/3 weeks. 

A Watford loss today would have given us a chance to go five points clear of them next weekend, with the bonus that if we failed to beat Spurs or even get a draw, we'd still be outside of the relegation zone. All a Brighton win does, is leave us in the bottom three, and even if we win next weekend we'd still only be two points clear. All we should be worrying about is getting as far away from the eighteenth place as possible. Right now a Brighton win would feel almost as valuable as a Villa win, and they'd still only be four points ahead of us.

Edited by useless

41 minutes ago, useless said:

Well Watford winning now, and we're in the relegation zone, anyone who prefers that over a Brighton win is crazy. Next two games for us Tottenham at home and Southampton away.

All that matters is the relegation zone at the end of the season... and definitely not one where half the teams have played an extra game.

A draw between Watford and Brighton would have us out of the relegation zone, and Brighton looking in trouble. A win for Brighton gets an out-of-form team closer to safety.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Bloody hell I completely forgot Danny Welbeck plays for Watford until the commentator mentioned him

Tbf plays for them might be a stretch, they pay him salary and let him use their medical staff.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1