Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Those 2 Bournemouth losses were super critical tbh, we would be clear of the relegation fight and Bournemouth would be right in it......if we had even taken 3, 4 or 6 points.

I wonder if those 2 games will end up defining our season when all is said and done.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But when you think about it, it's just poor teams continuing to be poor. 

This is the thing - we worry a lot about our poor results but forget that everyone else around us is equally as likely to struggle picking up points. That’s why they (and we) are where we are. I think we will be fine.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Those 2 Bournemouth losses were super critical tbh, we would be clear of the relegation fight and Bournemouth would be right in it......if we had even taken 3, 4 or 6 points.

I wonder if those 2 games will end up defining our season when all is said and done.

I was thinking that the other day. On the other hand I suppose every team has those. Leicester are third but when we beat them in the cup someone posted a link to their fans slamming the team for bottling every big match!

34 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Today is a good day, take the wins when they come!

Sheffield United have now exactly the same number of points that Wolves had this time last season and only two more than Watford had at this stage last season. Only difference is Wolves then were twelve points off top four (and eleven points off top six), whereas now Sheffield United are in fifth place and only two points off top four, another indication as to how poor the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, and Arsenal have been this season. I don't really want them finishing top four though, will just be another team that has an advantage over us next season if we stay up.

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Last week still disappoints me, really was such a missed opportunity with results going perfectly for us these past 2 weeks. 

Agree. Last weekend’s result worried me on many levels. None more than the fact we didn’t match a team below us for their desire, fight, hunger and application. We were much the second best team and it was unacceptable. Almost like we didn’t expect them to be up for it. I’m always worried when our fans are confident of a good performance and I should know better myself but I didn’t see us losing and we got outplayed. 

We can’t afford a drop in level like that again and need to fight and scrap for every point. We have shown that on our day and when it matters we can stand up to the task so we need to take that into the last thirteen cup finals. 

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Last week still disappoints me, really was such a missed opportunity with results going perfectly for us these past 2 weeks. 

True, but of course, every one of those Clubs who had poor results can say exactly the same !

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Maybe it is human nature of most fans to over play the hand of other clubs and under play the hand of the club you support. The bottom line is though that 25 games in, with some of the other clubs in relegation mire having played 26, we find ourselves out of the relegation places. We can be doom and gloom and say that we won't maintain our points per game and other sides below will pick up but recent form shows we are actually doing better than every other club around us.

I know it is hard but I think there is much to be hopeful about and I also think it would be beneficial as hard as it may be for those of us who are going to the upcoming games if we can avoid being edgy as that will only transmit to the players.

Couldn’t agree more, very well said.