Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We got loads under Lambert. Even McLeish managed a Chelsea away win. Wouldn't swop  those seasons for now.

I'll sure we'll turn one of them over at Villa Park.

Does anyone remember the run that Wigan went on to go from near certain relegation to survival, beating every European placed team on the way.

I think that's what really earned Roberto Martinez the chance to go on and manage teams that could challenge with the very best of them.

And also unfortunately for us made Charles N'Zogbia one of the hottest prospects (I can't believe that was once an apt description of him) from the lower end of the PL.

Edited by A'Villan

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Leicester's run has to come to and end and I think historically we've had a pretty good record against them at home........

7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

That's what we all said when they went on to win the title

Incredibly enough, we actually drew with Leicester in our home game that season. Gestede scored in a 1-1 draw IIRC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

After making Newcastle look like relegation fodder at VP theyve done remarkably well to come away with 4pts from Man City at home and Sheff Yoo away. Who’d have thought fistface is actually making a fist of it

Steve Bruce was always decent enough at getting surprise results, albeit very patchy. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Horrible day for us.

Newcastle and Brighton winning. God f*** damn it.

This season won't be pretty.

nappy

(næpi     )

Word forms: nappies COUNTABLE NOUN
A nappy is a piece of soft thick cloth or paper which is fastened round a baby's bottom in order to soak up its urine and faeces.

[British]

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't let trolls ruin the site. That guy has been doing nothing but talk us down since Smith was here. I don't know who he is, but it's really annoying to watch him derail thread after thread. Very surprised he hasn't been banned.

Must be Alex 😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I think Everton will bounce back when they change manager but teams like West Ham, Brighton and Bournemouth are looking shaky. If we keep doing what we’re doing we should have enough to stay up and build from.

Not sure what you see In Everton, they are down there for a reason and the reason is they have some poor players. Regardless of the manager they bring in unless he can clear half of them out in January and bring in a load then who ever comes in will have the same bunch. As an aside given what players they have how did they allow lookman to leave.

Oh this is gold.......

I've just got my Manchester United loving father-in-law to agree to a bet....

If Villa get relegated I have to a have a profile pic on Facebook wearing a Man U strip that he picks for 3 months....

If Villa stay up he has to wear a Villa strip of my choosing on his Facebook profile pic for 3 months.....

Please please please Aston Villa if you needed any more reasons to stay up let be this it ...... If we stay up this will now be the greatest (close but not really) moment of my entire life 🤠

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Almiron, Jolinton and Maximin only have 2 goals between them so far.

It's actually unreal how many points they've managed to get so far.

But i don't think it's sustainable in the long run if their front three doesn't pick up some form.

Our fifteen points would have seen us six points clear of the relegation zone after fifteen games last season, gap's not as big this time because teams like Arsenal, Tottenham, United and even Chelsea at times, haven't been getting as many points as usual from the clubs near the bottom of table.

Edited by useless

As we approach the half way point of the season we sit 2 places and 1 point above the relegation zone. After spending over £130m in the summer (second only to manure I believe) this is unacceptable and we should be doing much better. Sheffield United spent about a sixth of what we did and have an inferior squad yet they are flying.

7 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Sheffield United spent about a sixth of what we did and have an inferior squad yet they are flying.

Said it before but the style of play they are going for which is very similar to that of Burnley is easier to get results with as a promoted side compared to what Norwich and Villa are going for.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, pacbuddies said:

As we approach the half way point of the season we sit 2 places and 1 point above the relegation zone. After spending over £130m in the summer (second only to manure I believe) this is unacceptable and we should be doing much better. Sheffield United spent about a sixth of what we did and have an inferior squad yet they are flying.

The amount we spent really doesn't mean much in our situation imo. We barely scraped into the play offs last season and hardly had 11 players to put together when the transfer window opened. We had to spend that sort of money just to be competitive in this league and I think we've come a long way. Sheffield are 4 points ahead of us so if hardly call that flying and we're also playing them in a couple of weeks so let's see where they are after that game. 

I think we will finish above both sides that also came up last season. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

Flying? They're only 4 points above us. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

After making Newcastle look like relegation fodder at VP theyve done remarkably well to come away with 4pts from Man City at home and Sheff Yoo away. Who’d have thought fistface is actually making a fist of it

I bet he has let them know about it too!

• Like 1

Pretty sure that most people predicted us to finish somewhere around 14-16th and to be happy with that for a first season up.  That's where we are, after a very tough run.  And also pretty sure that by halfway we will be comfortable with a bit more of a gap to those below.  With respect to getting points off the top teams - we've been pretty close playing them mostly away and come the end of the season I'm sure we'll have a couple of scalps to look back on and a record similar to the other bottom half sides.  But really I couldn't care less where the points come from as long as we stay up - hopefully comfortably.

Really can't understand people soiling the sheets after we lose by a goal away at Chelsea and draw at Utd.  Get a grip.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

Sheffield United?! That the same team that’s had the same manager for years and is highly drilled in his system? The one with much the same team as last year that finished above us in the championship, beating us 4-1 along the way? 

Edited by It's Your Round
Forgot to add a big fat LOL!
  • Like 1