Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We would be around 10th - 9th with Maupay as our number 9

A huge 4 points better off? No doubt people would be calling for Maupay to be dropped if that was the case.

We're only one point above the relegation zone, have won just the one game in the last seven, our rivals unlike us are managing to take points off the traditional big clubs, and our next two games are against two of the league's form sides. I can forgive anyone who might be feeling somewhat pessimistic, it's not actually an unusual outlook to have at the moment given current circumstances. Need some wins asap.

19 minutes ago, useless said:

We're only one point above the relegation zone, have won just the one game in the last seven, our rivals unlike us are managing to take points off the traditional big clubs, and our next two games are against two of the league's form sides. I can forgive anyone who might be feeling somewhat pessimistic, it's not actually an unusual outlook to have at the moment given current circumstances. Need some wins asap.

I’m not sure one win out of last 6 can be classed as a form side. Sheffield Utd might easily slide right down the league now. They are battlers for sure but low on quality.

• Like 2

Back in a very dangerous position. What worry’s me is despite some decent performances we haven’t been able to see our results and I fear that will be our undoing this season.   

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Horrible day for us.

Newcastle and Brighton winning. God f*** damn it.

This season won't be pretty.

Hardest run of fixtures imaginable and we're not in the zone. If you could have designed the most nightmarish run then what we've had is what you would have given, except you would have not thrown a "normal" game in the middle against Newcastle. 

We smacked Newcastle and have given a damn good account of ourselves in All the games. 

It might not be pretty but it may be passably attractive when we FINALLY play some teams from the lower reaches of the table. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t forget our bet ;)

I haven’t, it will be one I am more than happy to pay out on if I lose.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, useless said:

Those 7 fixtures have ridiculously tough, including Man United, Man City and Chelsea away plus Liverpool at home. One win in seven is understandable.

• Like 3

You always get outlier seasons and this might be it. You might be looking at mid 40's points for survival. I said it earlier but not picking up those points against the big uns might cost us big time. It shows the big uns are weaker than ever before, it's not like one low team has got points against them. They pretty much all have and we have 1 point against man u. There's still time, if we beat a few of them at home. But that's not exactly an easy ask. We also seem to get the crap luck of the draw by playing form teams. I just hope we can stick in there and it all evens itself out. 

Who'd have thought Steve Bruce would get the best out of Newcastle, he isn't doing a bad job is he, almost half way there now. Not that I'd want him as our manager. Have to echo previous posters, it is costing us not beating one of the bigger teams. It's unlikely that we are going to always best the teams in and around us so have to pick up the odd win against the bigger teams

Next 10 games are very favourable. Apart from Leicester and City, they are all very winnable.

We play Southampton, Norwich and Watford all in a row. 2 of those at home.

By New year's, we could conceivably have 10/11 more points and into the semifinals of the League Cup.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

26% possession for Newcastle. Was it another smash and grab? Didn't see it but received Steve Bruce is nowhere near this club.

Don't let trolls ruin the site. That guy has been doing nothing but talk us down since Smith was here. I don't know who he is, but it's really annoying to watch him derail thread after thread. Very surprised he hasn't been banned.

It was, but at the same time it was a great tactical performance. For all United's possession, they barely did anything to hurt Newcastle. They absolutely nullified their threat. When you have players like Saint Maximin and Shelvey who can make a goal out of nothing, you can nick a win on occasion.

• Like 1