Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

If Everton win today then we will only be out of the relegation zone on goal difference. Really hope Chelsea can do us a favour, but the way some results are going this season I'm not taking it for granted.

Well if we don't win tomorrow that will be just the one win in seven games, so maybe you could say we'll only have ourselves to blame should we find ourselves in the bottom three. You could say we've had a difficult run of games but during this spell we've played nearly half of the teams in the divsion, so one win doesn't really bode well for us, especially when our relegation rivals are managing to get wins in the more difficult fixtures. It's all very well saying we only need to beat the teams around us, but there are only so many teams around us meaning a limited amount of points from those games, and in some of those fixtures we will drop points, so we need to be taking points from a wide range of clubs in the division, and to be fair we did well to get an away point against Man Utd so hopefully that gives us confidence.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

You could say we've had a difficult run of games but during this spell

Well yes, you could say that because we have had a horrific run. 

We may have played nearly half the league but we are still to play 2 of the bottom 4 and most of the top of the league have been away games.

If you literally can't believe we are better than most of the teams around us just look at our goal difference compared to theirs. 

The points will come over the next few games once we have finished this simply awful run of fixtures. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

But where's that itk woman 

She got locked up for holding Dale Stephens hostage at New Hall hotel. 

I have not said that I believe we're not better than the teams around us, but if you go seven games and only win one game then you're asking for trouble. Basically at some point a team as to get wins in fixtures where they're not expected to, not saying that that's not going to happen for us in the future, but that it hasn't happened so far is one of the reasons why we find ourselves in the position we are in now. We aren't just going to conveniently win all the so called easier fixtures and everything will be alright, you need to get a few unexpected results here and there as well, as has been the case with Newcastle, Brighton, Newcastle, Sheffield United and others and explains why they're above us in the league.

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That's not a given. Not even close.

Can you not just quit with the constant never ending negatively please? 

What's the point in coming on here and spending hours posting endless negative posts over and over again? 

I really would like to understand why you feel the need to do this? 

• Like 1