Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

6 hours ago, privateer said:

Think Tyrone could do this? This guys an animal, he's going to terrify our opponents. :crylaugh:

kralspor5616.gif

Here endeth our interest in Kalvin "Who?" Phillips.

Out of interest, did he play in the afcon? 

Personally, I can only see us buying Luiz, Trezeguet and maybe one more player - maybe a goalkeeper - in this window. Buying two DM's and another two forwards seems a bit too much to ask for IMO. I hope I'm wrong though. 

10 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Thanks. Does he get much right?

Yeah, he seems to have connections, I a, sure others here may disagree but he picks things up early which mainly manifest. He suggests that playing the waiting [poker] game seems to have paid off and we are back at the table with them

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

To be fair, @Villan4Life is ridiculed by many on here and it is hardly suprising he is starting to take some of the posts in a different frame of mind/context like we hsve seen of late.

I guess that's why the ignore list got invented though...

Genuinely didn't know that. Why has he been ridiculed?

Boy this season is going to be the absolute antithesis of our season under Mcleish. I don't forsee too many boring 0-0 draws. The odd 5-5 draw perhaps though. 

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They're not trying to take your job mate, they're just reporting data.  

Probably the most successful scouting department in the entire pyramid are heavily analytically driven. But they also watch players too. It's just another tool, don't take it so personally. 

I know very little about scouting and analytics, but aren't they two seperate positions at clubs any way? They are on Football Manager at least 😂

I love all these tricky players we have, going to sign and linked with. I’m still concerned who the heck is going to put the ball in the net.  Our depth in that area is weak.

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I love all these tricky players we have, going to sign and linked with. I’m still concerned who the heck is going to put the ball in the net.  Our depth in that area is weak.

Goals from all over the team I reckon...

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Goals from all over the team I reckon...

I hope so.  I wrote a month or so ago about DS team looks like a Liverpool system around not a  main striker but an attacking, agile front line with players that aren’t traditional strikers.  I do look at the players we have or having and just worry who is going to shoot as most of these guys look at somebody to pass to.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I hope so.  I wrote a month or so ago about DS team looks like a Liverpool system around not a  main striker but an attacking, agile front line with players that aren’t traditional strikers.  I do look at the players we have or having and just worry who is going to shoot.

anwar, wesley, grealish, mcginn, conor, jota + benrahma (please) are all very likely to chip in with goals for us.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

Who remembers this..

header.jpg

Ha, I remember this vaguely.

Good team that was.

Shame Jerry didn't really get an opportunity though, although he was pretty small, he was a tank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, thunderball said:

If we do sign him, Mings will have some competition for cult hero. This guy could be a legend....

Tyrone laughs in the face of any competition. I hear The Emperor rang this so called pretender to his crown, on hearing news of our reported interest in him last night and told him, "I'd much rather see you on my side, than scattered into...atoms."

All hail the merciless one! 😊

• Haha 2