Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Surely rumours must be going around that Villa mean serious business, hence players going on strike and the like to "actively seek" or force moves?

I don't think they are rumours.

Image result for this is real gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

After watching the clips, I could definitely see this guy playing DM. Absolute unit, quick, good feet, strong tackler, got an eye for a pass and can hold onto the ball under pressure. 

If we do sign him, Mings will have some competition for cult hero. This guy could be a legend....

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Stephen Ireland.. Rated him at Man City massively but changed my mind

Stephen Ireland WAS bloody brilliant at Manchester City. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, thunderball said:

If we do sign him, Mings will have some competition for cult hero. This guy could be a legend....

Think Tyrone could do this? This guys an animal, he's going to terrify our opponents. :crylaugh:

kralspor5616.gif

Here endeth our interest in Kalvin "Who?" Phillips.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, privateer said:

Think Tyrone could do this? This guys an animal, he's going to terrify our opponents. :crylaugh:

kralspor5616.gif

Here endeth our interest in Kalvin "Who?" Phillips.

If he arrives, there is no competition for the name on my shirt

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Who let Steve Bruce on here? FFS

To be fair, @Villan4Life is ridiculed by many on here and it is hardly suprising he is starting to take some of the posts in a different frame of mind/context like we hsve seen of late.

I guess that's why the ignore list got invented though...

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Confused 1

A very interesting evening...

Suddenly,

we are going to be signing a 6th CB who can play as DM,

Benrahma could be back on making it a 3rd RW,

Another £20m needs found for Butland,

and not forgetting the big suitcase of cash Purslow is already walking round Europe with handcuffed to his wrist, awaiting the nod on Marvelous and Laeo...

I am not sure we will be spending another £80m+ on top of what we've done so far.

Most of it is all Twitter hearsay too tbf.

I thought benrahma was out injured until october avfcrigo82?

I cant see us paying 20m for butland

We desperately need someone to play off wesley,wether its leao or maupay we need them in fast

If we sign one of those named above i can see us playing 3-5-2 for a lot of games

37 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

We desperately need someone to play off wesley,wether its leao or maupay we need them in fast

If we sign one of those named above i can see us playing 3-5-2 for a lot of games

I'm not sure Benramha is, I know he returned from an injury lately though, he and Maupay missed a pre-season friendly as they both had "knocks" (make of that what you will).

Unless Stoke have agreed to lower the fee, or we go in with a small initial payment and make the rest of any said figure up with add-ons or spread payments etc.

We are definately after another attacking minded player in that zone and obviously having fingers in many pies, we will get one of them I have no doubt.

It's all very interesting whilst frustrating awaiting on getting them signed.

40 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Why?  Smith hasn't played 3 at the back or even two up top once.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'm not sure Benramha is, I know he returned from an injury lately though, he and Maupay missed a pre-season friendly as they both had "knocks" (make of that what you will).

Unless Stoke have agreed to lower the fee, or we go in with a small initial payment and make the rest of any said figure up with add-ons or spread payments etc.

We are definately after another attacking minded player in that zone and obviously having fingers in many pies, we will get one of them I have no doubt.

It's all very interesting whilst frustrating awaiting on getting them signed.

I don't think he has returned yet. AFAIK one of the Brentford lads posting here confirmed he'd had surgery and, I think, said he'd miss the start of the new season. But I'm ready to be corrected on that.

As far as Butland is concerned, I don't believe for a minute we are the ones who have moved on the fee. I think we may have only had one, "**** it, let's pay it to get it done. This is the one we have to do" moment in this window and that was Mings. And even that's only a maybe. For everyone else it's hardball on what we value the player at and move on if agreement can't be met.

Good times, we are getting a very tasty looking outfit together and if they gel and work out we are going to be a team nobody will enjoy playing against and will spring some surprises.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1