Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 minutes ago, BennettVilla said:

Well Luyindama has just made me a nice £20 on football index. I say Luyindama himself, whoever dug out that tweet about us bidding for him has 😂

How many shares did you buy on him when he is valued at just £0.31 on it?

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Wow. What a window this continues to be...

Benrahma is quality and will step up. Probably means Leao has elected to go elsewhere

Christian Luyindama looks a monster, his highlights reel makes him look like superman. Don’t know whether he would be a DM or perhaps we will play 3 CB’s? Looks a bargain if that price is correct.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Surely rumours must be going around that Villa mean serious business, hence players going on strike and the like to "actively seek" or force moves?

He's rubbish, I watched ACON. He is anything but Marvelous

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

How many shares did you buy on him when he is valued at just £0.31 on it?

400, got out at 29p though. I just don’t see it happening with the amount cbs we have now, and the fact he’s only just signed for them. Usual FI as long as you’re in early and get out quick enough it’s alright!

12 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Wow. What a window this continues to be...

Benrahma is quality and will step up. Probably means Leao has elected to go elsewhere

Christian Luyindama looks a monster, his highlights reel makes him look like superman. Don’t know whether he would be a DM or perhaps we will play 3 CB’s? Looks a bargain if that price is correct.

After watching the clips, I could definitely see this guy playing DM. Absolute unit, quick, good feet, strong tackler, got an eye for a pass and can hold onto the ball under pressure. 

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Forget listening to ANY Analytics scouts and their bloga! I can't stand them!! They usually in late teens or 20's and think Analytics rule the world because they watched that Moneyball film!

That's not for me Jose!!!

A keen eye and human brain has always worked for me! These guys are just  chancers! One chap i know has not got a clue with Analytics but seems be worshiped with 100d' followers on twittwr. Worked for me since late 80's watching football on TV and making judgements on what i see. Gazza at Newcastle, Shaun Teale at Bournemouth in live game i watched, Ronnie Rozenthal, John Barnes at Watford and many others! UTV

They're not trying to take your job mate, they're just reporting data.  

Probably the most successful scouting department in the entire pyramid are heavily analytically driven. But they also watch players too. It's just another tool, don't take it so personally. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Forget listening to ANY Analytics scouts and their bloga! I can't stand them!! They usually in late teens or 20's and think Analytics rule the world because they watched that Moneyball film!

A keen eye and human brain has always worked for me! These guys are just  chancers! One chap i know has not got a clue with Analytics but seems be worshiped with 100d' followers on twittwr. Worked for me since mid to late 80's watching football on TV as a kid  and making judgement on what i see. Gazza at Newcastle, Shaun Teale at Bournemouth in live game i watched, Ronnie Rozenthal, John Barnes at Watford and many, many others! UTV

Benrahma is good player just on watching him, no stats looked at.

Who let Steve Bruce on here? FFS

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

A keen eye and human brain has always worked for me! These guys are just  chancers! One chap i know has not got a clue with Analytics but seems be worshiped with 100d' followers on twittwr. Worked for me since mid to late 80's watching football on TV as a kid  and making judgement on what i see. Gazza at Newcastle, Shaun Teale at Bournemouth in live game i watched, Ronnie Rozenthal, John Barnes at Watford and many, many others! UTV

Benrahma is good player just on watching him, no stats looked at.

I'm actually in agreement with you even though I posted the image. I've never really been big on stats when judging footballers. It's never really made a lot of sense to me and I've always preferred to just watch a player play. However, thought it was an interesting image all the same. 

• Like 1

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Haha i'm not bothered about taking my job! i'm stating facts lad.. i've been in it long enough now to realise it's  a load of rubbish

Data is data, you've taken up an unarguable position. 

Each to their own mind, you are entitled to your opinion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm actually in agreement with you even though I posted the image. I've never really been big on stats when judging footballers. It's never really made a lot of sense to me and I've always preferred to just watch a player play. However, thought it was an interesting image all the same. 

I've done very well last few seasons in FPL almost entirely relying on stats as it's difficult to watch a lot of games with time difference and I'd rather watch Villa if any

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Always worked for me that's why i have only ever been wrong on one player overall ever mate.

I'm not arguing with your ability to scout a player. This has nothing to do with that. All I have said is that data is data and facts cannot be refuted, only interpreted. 

In Benrhama's case I look at that chart and I can almost see him playing. Then I watch him play (or vice versa) and the two align. Clubs are frequently placing a lot of emphasis on analytics. Because as I said, data cannot lie. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Always worked for me that's why i have only ever been wrong on one player overall ever mate.

To be fair, we were all convinced ethan moore was going to be amazing. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've done very well last few seasons in FPL almost entirely relying on stats as it's difficult to watch a lot of games with time difference and I'd rather watch Villa if any

That's completely fair enough, whatever works. I've always liked to see the human part of a footballer. What they do off the ball, what options do they provide players once possession has been turned over, how they react in certain situations, what do they do when they lose the ball, or  how they react to a misplaced pass etc... Stats don't really cover these aspects. I'm not saying stats don't have a place though, it's just not for me. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2