Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Raul Jimenez has done OK 😉

jimenez is an interesting one because wolves have seemingly put some thought in to signing him, good player with a pretty poor scoring record, loan to buy probably a way around FFP more than a toe in the water but the main thing is they've put themselves in a position to justify spending that much cash on him because they've hit the Mexican market hard, they should get a decent rate of return on him if they can use him to grow a fanbase there

this guy we've been linked to doesn't offer that

that's what FFP and the crazy prices now have to make clubs do, how old is he, how marketable is he, in 3 years time when he is past half way in his contract whats his likely resale value blah blah blah, I just don't see this guy ticking any boxes

5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Ezri Konsa incoming if what i'm told is to be believed.  Be sweet.  Definitely fits our model of young and hungry and talented.

Everything about that video from the description of his strengths and weaknesses, to the highlights themselves remind me of Tuanzebe. 

9 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Ezri Konsa incoming if what i'm told is to be believed.  Be sweet.  Definitely fits our model of young and hungry and talented.

A bit left field, he doesn't even get in Brentfords team regularly does he?

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Played 42 full matches or there abouts this season for them.  I remember Palace were rumored to be in for him in April for around 15mill.  Smith would have been the guy who brought him to Brentford so will obvs rate him to.

I saw Konsa at Villa Park for Brentford, not the season just finished but the one before and he was outstanding, just strolled through the match. I’ve only seen him once though I think but based on that match alone, he was excellent

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

According to transfermarkt he played 90 mins for them almost every game of the season.

Not sure if correct thou.

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I saw Konsa at Villa Park for Brentford, not the season just finished but the one before and he was outstanding, just strolled through the match. I’ve only seen him once though I think but based on that match alone, he was excellent

You sure it wasnt this season.  Think he only moved to Brentford last summer.

24 minutes ago, av1 said:

Everything about that video from the description of his strengths and weaknesses, to the highlights themselves remind me of Tuanzebe. 

He looks really good from this. I know it’s Youtube but it isn’t just a couple of atomic strikes, he looks to have good speed strength and positioning, three good attributes to go alongside Mings :) 

17 minutes ago, sne said:

According to transfermarkt he played 90 mins for them almost every game of the season.

Not sure if correct thou.

Cool, wonder how much of it is paper talk though, we will probably get linked to every tom dick and Harry.

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He looks really good from this. I know it’s Youtube but it isn’t just a couple of atomic strikes, he looks to have good speed strength and positioning, three good attributes to go alongside Mings :) 

Ahh the good old atomic strike days... sign all the jordans! Nostalgic times. 

Tho that said is there a highlight video of the actual real atomic hammers (Hitzlesperger) goals.... 

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

Cool, wonder how much of it is paper talk though, we will probably get linked to every tom dick and Harry.

Well we know Smith likes him because he bought him this time last year and it definitely falls into our strategy. 

We could be lining up a 10 million bid for Joe lolley.

Would be fantastic to get him here.

Aston Villa are reportedly “in a position to pounce” for Nottingham Forest ace Joe Lolley, after securing promotion to the Premier League.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-preparing-10m-bid-2917235

Edited by Dave-R

7 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Well we know Smith likes him because he bought him this time last year and it definitely falls into our strategy. 

Coupled with the signing of Guilbert, it makes me think that we are thinking long term for the first time in a long time, probably since the days of MON

35 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think you're thinking of Barbet. His name gets thrown about on here a bit and it seems strange as he's in his mid-20s, was sometimes in and out of Brentford's side and has been let go on a free without many of their fans seeming to mind too much. We do seem to look to Brentford a lot now due to the Smith connection though. 

Will get linked with every former Villa player, Brentford player, Chelsea loanee and whoever else they can find a remote link by the media all summer.

• Like 1