Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Will get linked with every former Villa player, Brentford player, Chelsea loanee and whoever else they can find a remote link by the media all summer.

I heard carew was at Wembley and we are putting together a bid for him 😋

On that note I used to love carew, that season where we bought him and young and they played as a little and large duo up front, loved carew.

Edited by MaVilla

Obviously it is always hard for a newly promoted club to attract the top talent but I hope DS & CP have a few surprises up their sleeves. I don’t think ‘the sky is the limit’ should be interpreted as buying a load of Championship players. The one exception to that for me is Lolley. IMHO he would be exceptional playing alongside Jack. He can pass and score with both feet, has great movement and as a Villa fan will work his socks off. 

I'd be tempted to take a punt on Alexander Isak as a rotation striker.

He'll be leaving Dortmund and won't cost a fortune, especially compared to domestic players.

He's taken leaps and strides in the last 6 months, still only 19. Not just scoring a few in Holland, he was ace for Sweden as well.

Don't see Kodjia (or Hogan, McCormack) as players for the PL and Davis is still unfinished.

We still need a starting striker thou but if we can get Isak for £5-6m + add ons I'd be worth the punt.

Same with Benjamin Nygren from IFK Göteborg. He's only 17 so I'd loan him back to IFK for a season, but at £4m (IFK are in the toilet financially so forced to sell for peanuts) he's an amazing prospect.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Obviously it is always hard for a newly promoted club to attract the top talent but I hope DS & CP have a few surprises up their sleeves. I don’t think ‘the sky is the limit’ should be interpreted as buying a load of Championship players. The one exception to that for me is Lolley. IMHO he would be exceptional playing alongside Jack. He can pass and score with both feet, has great movement and as a Villa fan will work his socks off. 

No other newly promoted club are a well run Aston Villa with billions and connections though ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sne said:

I'd be tempted to take a punt on Alexander Isak as a rotation striker.

He'll be leaving Dortmund and won't cost a fortune, especially compared to domestic players.

He's taken leaps and strides in the last 6 months, still only 19. Not just scoring a few in Holland, he was ace for Sweden as well.

Don't see Kodjia (or Hogan, McCormack) as players for the PL and Davis is still unfinished.

We still need a starting striker thou but if we can get Isak for £5-6m + add ons I'd be worth the punt.

Same with Benjamin Nygren from IFK Göteborg. He's only 17 so I'd loan him back to IFK for a season, but at £4m (IFK are in the toilet financially so forced to sell for peanuts) he's an amazing prospect.

My AIK heart would not be opposed to Isak one bit. Nygren looks very impressive too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Looking back now, I think that’s exactly what he was, he was a great back up option to have at the time

We got caught up in filling the squad with overpaid and average players, plus buying multiple players for the same position, and no players which would score goals long term when we needed one. We haven't planned "long term" since Little.

Edited by Dick
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No other newly promoted club are a well run Aston Villa with billions and connections though ;)

True! However, it still remains that to attract some players you need to be in with a shout of European football. I have no doubt we will be able to get a few good players in the back end of their careers and not wanted by the leading clubs but....

Players I would like to see us sign:

- Justin
- Mings
- El Ghazi
- Bowen
- Phillips (Leeds)
- Kent (L'pool)
- Abraham~
- Benrahma

I'd like us to sign young, hungry players. Unlike some others, I see no issue raiding the better players from teams in the championship. There are players in that league that are more than good enough for 10/12 teams in the prem and wouldn't cost the earth in wages. 

UTV

Edited by Delphinho123

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Belotti?! How much are they saying the fee is?

He's a good player form what I've seen. Off to have a look if there's anything in the Italian press....

All of Europe's elite were after him a couple of years ago but baulked at a 100 mil release clause. Since then fmhes had injuries etc and west ham were linked in January for £45 mil.