Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

We need a another DM going into the season.

Not sure Doug can carry the mantle until January on his own. I'm certain McGinn could do a job if needs be, but he didn't ever get out their last season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Possibly. We're signing players to have depth in all positions. Jota could be starting most games, he's a very good player. 

There's no question we are trying to atleast get 2 in each position for depth purposes.

However, I see Jota being more of the backup option to Trezeguet.

I don't see us splashing around £11m* on an Egyptian international to play second fiddle imo, but I could be wrong.

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Do you think, based on that, that Trezeguet will be backup then?

I think we want actual, genuine competition for places with teams selected based on who is playing well, training well and the requirements of a particular game. I also think a lot of these players can play in more than one position - if Grealish is out I can see Jota starting behind the striker, for example, rather than out wide.

As for who will start v Spurs on day one - no idea!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not sure Doug can carry the mantle until January on his own. I'm certain McGinn could do a job if needs be, but he didn't ever get out their last season.

Not sure @dont_do_it_doug. best position is DM so you'll need to ask him.🙂

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

As it stands we don't as we have enough there until any depart in Tshibola & Bjarnasson (wether we rate them or not) we may see one of them play backup as we might with Lansbury as backup to McGinn & Hourihane.

We need to keep things balanced in terms of squad personel and sign players in positions but not having any players left over draining the wages and not in the 25 man squad.

I don't have a problem with this and it means we can use whatever money that remains in thisnseasons war chest on the positions that do need attention.

Let's be honest, we are hardly going to see vast amounts of £££ flowing in for Kallanic, Tshibola, Chester, Bree, Bjarnasson, Lansbury, Hogan etc.

I think that group is £15m-£20m if we're lucky and It would cost us much more in replacing this lot this season than it would keeping them and it's a luxury we do not yet have, unless we loan them out then that twists the scenario slightly.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I haven’t seen much of Maupay. Is he a Hogan style grafter that is actually good at football and can finish? 

He's clever, a very good finisher, quick, pretty good technique and extremely aggressive, nothing like Hogan.